1.    #1  
    A question for those of you that have bought multiple Pres in one transaction with Sprint... What did you pay for each one?

My wife and I would like to grab matching Pres, but we're not going to spend full price. Since the $299 price is only effective if you sign a 2-year contract, will the second phone be full retail price? Does a 4-year contract exist? (i.e. 2 rebates for two 2-year contracts)

Also, has anyone who's an existing Sprint customer received the $199 price? It's my opinion that loyal customers deserve just as much special treatment as the new ones! If anyone has successfully argued a deal, I'd be curious to know!
    The contract is handled on a per LINE basis. Start 2 lines, get 2 pres on those lines, then each line has its own 2-year contract. Those two lines can be on a share plan or on separate plans or whatever, but each contract applies to a specific line. Therefore, each phone gets the discount price since they're going on new lines.

Also keep in mind that if you get the Pre, then your plan will likely give you Premier customer status in the future, meaning that your contract will only be for 1 year in the future, so you get full discounts/new customer price on a new phone every year instead of every other year.

If you are a Sprint customer and eligible for new upgrade (out of contract fully, 2 years for regular customers and 1 year for Premier customers), then you get the same $199 after MIR as new Sprint customers. If you are still under contract, then you are very unlikely to get the full discount to get down to new customer price.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that makes total sense. I'm out of contract (in fact, I've had to ignore sales calls from Sprint for the last month (stop it!!!)), and I believe both our lines are eligible for upgrade. Even if we don't get $199, we'd happily pay $299. And after not being the least bit wowed by the iPhone 3G-S today, we're more than ready for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    we signed up as a family plan, 3 pre's and one samsung rant.

each pre was $299, and has a $100 mail in rebate.

each line counts as a contract.
  5.    #5  
    pomokey,

Are you a new Sprint customer or existing? I got the impression that only new customers were treated to the additional discount.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamgw View Post
    pomokey,

Are you a new Sprint customer or existing? I got the impression that only new customers were treated to the additional discount.
    new. I don't know if it was different for existing
    They let me upgrade both lines at the new customer price. I had only been a Sprint customer since October of 2008. So I got the full rebates and everything. They were really good to me because only one of my lines was eligible for upgrade.

I bought two Pre's: Mine and the wife for $299.00 each, one touchstone and one car charger. I wanted to get the extra back plate to share the touchstone but they did not have any, so I came home and ordered it from Palm.com. Considering how bad battery life is for me I am ordering a new battery and maybe two more touchstone kits for more home and work charging options.
    I had a single line account with Sprint...that was *way* out of contract. I paid $299 for my "upgraded" phone...and am getting the $100 rebate.

We also switched my wife and daughter from T-mobile on to my plan as part of a new family plan. We paid $249 for their phones, receiving some sort of additional $50 credit for bringing them on board to sprint. They also each get the $100 rebate.

Moral: A non-Sprint convert is more valuable to Sprint than a Premiere customer.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  9.    #9  
    tripsbacks,

Were you eligible for the additional $100 mail-in rebate? (Final cost = $199.)