Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Stock, no 3rd party app support.
    It's what is commonly known as escalation. It always starts out with Apple and the iPhone being perfect, then when a deficiency is exposed, the response is "there's an App for that", and then if there's not an App that works with the factory phone, it's "well, you can do it if you jailbreak it and then get an App."

On the flipside, the Pre has been out a week and a half, but if it doesn't do everything the every other phone does (after 3 generations of raping your wallet) right out of the box, it's a crap device and Palm is off their rocker for not having the **** tickler option that I really wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    It's what is commonly known as escalation. It always starts out with Apple and the iPhone being perfect, then when a deficiency is exposed, the response is "there's an App for that", and then if there's not an App that works with the factory phone, it's "well, you can do it if you jailbreak it and then get an App."

On the flipside, the Pre has been out a week and a half, but if it doesn't do everything the every other phone does (after 3 generations of raping your wallet) right out of the box, it's a crap device and Palm is off their rocker for not having the **** tickler option that I really wanted.
    I am comparing what I can currently do with my iPhone to what I can currently do with my Pre. At the moment, due to 3rd party apps the iPhone is a far stronger PDA.

I find it incredible that a Palm fan can make the statements you make knowing that some incredible 3rd party PIM replacements were made available for the Palm OS that blew away the built in apps.

By the way, the stock PIM apps on both devices are weak at best.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345