Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was concerned the first day the agent at Sprint drained my battery during activation, then I charged it a little, used it a lot, charge it a little...

Anyway I have fully charged it twice now all night.

Today is my first real day of moderate use. Showing it to people, having one of my kids play with it for a short while. Checking email regularly.

I start work at 6:30 it is now 12pm noon pst, I am at 83%, how are you guys doing?

Edit: Sorry I should have posted:
    Bluetooth off
    Wifi On
    Gmail push on (about 15 emails already)
    GPS off
    Googletalk AIM: off
    Brightness: Factory default
    Last edited by cglaguna; 06/08/2009 at 02:20 PM.
    Pulled it off the charger at 10:47am very little use. gps off, wifi off, and im at 47%
    Pulled it off at 8am EST. Been using it a lot (trying to get exchange to work) and im down to 45%. So its better then what I was expecting, but not great. Overall im pretty happy with the battery.
    pull it off charger @ 7AM EST and it's at 56% with few phone calls, EAS, 30-40 min of listening to mp3. Not bad. have screen brightness turned down, and EAS & Gmail set to "as it arrives".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Diako View Post
    Pulled it off the charger at 10:47am very little use. gps off, wifi off, and im at 47%
    Connected to google talk or AIM?
    Bluetooth: Off
    Power setting for Screen: 30 seconds
    Email: Check every 30 minutes.
    IM: Offline (currently, but was online for 4 hours this morning)

Took my phone off the charger at 5:50AM CST and it is now 2:15PM CST. Have showed a few people the phone, used it in excess for a few additional things.

Battery is at 45%

I don't think that is too bad. It could be better, but for version 1 it could be much much worse.
    Took off the charger at 9:30 am with 100% by 1:45 pm down to 30%. That is with everthing turned off and screen to the lowest setting. Also, I have had full EVDO bars all day. I am ordering a new battery.
    30% at 3pm with everything on... not bad considering I have been playing with it all day instead of working...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i turned off background info collection and it made a pretty decent difference in my battery life. i turned off the option at 34% about an hour ago and i've played with it a little bit and now i'm at 32%.
    I brought the cable so while I am at work sitting in front of the computer, I charge over USB. It's the same thing I did with my Touch Pro and Mogul before that. I've found that until battery tech improves, you can get away with a modern power-hungry smart phone as long as you make slight adjustments to the way you use the device (ie, keeping it on a charger when you are at your desk or around the house. I don't *need* to charge that much but I ensure that whenever I have to get up and go someplace, I am leaving with a full charge.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    much better with WiFi off.
    Mine is doing a little better than yesterday, which was a little better than Saturday, but still not great.

So far, it's been off charger for 2.5 hours. No BT, No Wifi, , no GPS, <5 minutes on internet (one google search), no phone calls, on text messages, e-mail checks every 15 minutes and I've received ~3 total, and it's down to 70%. So definitely not great, but maybe usable, but definitely not as good as any of the best results we're hearing about.

Mine has zero heat issues, there doesn't seem to be anything going on in the background at all when it's idling, but it still loses about 10% per hour when idling. The other 10% I've lost ALL came during 10 minutes of internet usage, so now that I think about it, that part REALLY sucked for battery efficiency.

I'm really starting to wonder about battery quality control with how varied the results are, even across jsut the tiny sample on this forum. But I'm certain future software updates will also improve battery life as well. And if it is a quality control issue with the batteries, at least the battery is very easily removable.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I brought the cable so while I am at work sitting in front of the computer, I charge over USB. It's the same thing I did with my Touch Pro and Mogul before that. I've found that until battery tech improves, you can get away with a modern power-hungry smart phone as long as you make slight adjustments to the way you use the device (ie, keeping it on a charger when you are at your desk or around the house. I don't *need* to charge that much but I ensure that whenever I have to get up and go someplace, I am leaving with a full charge.
    I am doing that as we speak.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I unplugged my Pre last night at 2:30am. This morning at 10:30am it was 83%. Not bad.

I plugged it back in to recharge. At 11:30am I took it off the charger at 100% and made a 36 minute call. It's now 12:20pm and I have 75%. Not so great.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Connected to google talk or AIM?
    does anyone really know which of the IM is the problem? or is it both?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yesterday I mostly used it for texts, got about 7 hours before I started to charge at 10% left. I am mostly happy with the battery, its not the best battery ever, but its better then I thought after using it for the first day.
    no wifi or bluetooth on... took it off the charger about 6:50 and it is 2:23 battery @ 43%, turnd the screen brightness down about 12 or a little before, have downloaded 5 apps today, played with all of them but 1... send a few texts, made a few calls, did a little showoff... and the alarm is on
    Pulled off the charger at 8am EST (full battery). It is currently 3:25pm EST. I am at 30% left.
    My usage hasn't been that heavy. No phone calls today, some texting/chatting, a few pics were taken.

Email: Pulled every 15min
    Brightness: At the lowest
    Chat: GTalk/AIM ON
    WiFi: Off
    Bluetooth: Off
    GPS: On
    Tweed: Pulling tweets every 15min.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I've had mine on and off USB all day and I've gone between 88% and 77%. I have to use WiFi at work because I'm in a steel building out in the country that has very poor reception (1 bar on my Instinct, 0 bars on the Pre). Over WiFi, it works great, but uses the battery like crazy. Also, the phone gets quite hot when I use it or charge it. Otherwise, it seems to cool off nicely.
    5:30 am - 100%
    music during 25 min car ride and then during 45 min workout, tweed a bit in the morning, no phone calls, no SMS, GPS on, bluetooth on

11 am - 37%
    watched the WWDC stream from TechCrunch with those auto updates

12:30 pm - 7%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast