Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/06/palms_touchston.html;jsessionid=TUNJDAGYLSJP0QSNDLPCKH0CJUNN2JVN?queryText=PALM+PRE[/url]
  2.    #62  
    I made it all day, I got in the car at 2pm used Nav to go to a dr appt. Surfed the web while waiting for the doctor, then I was at 45% coming out of the office at 3pm. I then plugged it in to my car..

I am happy with that, not extactic but it matches most all of the smart phones I have had.
    Long story short? Normal work use, let a few people play with it, I was at 82% from 7:00am-4:30. Once I got home though I played with it non stop (Downloading new apps etc) and took it from 82% to 62% in about an hour/hour and a half, but I was beating the crap out of it

I am happy with it, but I have been using smartphones for awhile, and my last smartphone was WinMo. This phone is no different as far as battery life goes, just takes common sense and compromise. As I said before, Definitely better than WinMo, about on par with PalmOS, little worse than BB, much better than the Storm, and a little better than iPhone. That's just my experience though.
    Off the charger at 8:00am, down loaded two new apps (approx 10 min. online total), made two short calls and by about 2:00pm it was completely dead. I have everything turned off (blue tooth, wi-fi, push email, etc.) Im pissed. I waited for 3 months for this phone and now I feel like it's worthless to me because it barely lasts half a day with pretty minimal usage.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Eguy you might share your other settings (brightness etc)?? it might help hbg and others?
    WIFI was off
    BLUETOOTH- Off
    GPS- Off
    Using exchange server for email.

Not using IM. Closed.

Most of time I was on standby for calls.
    took it off charger at 8:15 am, almost 13 hours later I'm down to 10% with "moderate" use - downloaded apps, twittered a little, listened to pandora, sent some emails- wifi connection about 90% of the day.

I might try tomorrow with wifi off all day to see what different i get. If I can get about 18 hours of this kind of use I will be happy enough.
    12 hours later, my phone is still at 80%. I've been playing with it on an off all day. Probably pretty light use, but I've sent a few emails and been on the net a bit. I'm very happy with how well it's held up!
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    WIFI was off
    BLUETOOTH- Off
    GPS- Off
    Using exchange server for email.

Not using IM. Closed.

Most of time I was on standby for calls.
    So, basically- in order to get acceptable battery performance, you had to turn the features off your phone that you've been waiting so long to have in a device? Doesn't make sense. You've basically got a Motorola flip phone with a touch screen if you turn all that stuff off.
    Not really, because I highly doubt he needed to use GPS during the work day. The same goes for IM. Wifi data actually seems to drain the battery LESS than EVDO data, so having that on or off doesn't really matter battery wise. It doesn't make sense to me either, but when I'm at home on Wifi, it seems to use less battery than at home on EVDO.
    I worked from 7:30am to 6:00 pm and ended up with 48% battery remaining :-/ I did send a couple of instant messages though. I guess I'll have to get a touchstone for work too.

IM - on
    GPS - off
    Wifi - off
    Bluetooth - off
    Email - as received
    Brightness - all the way down
    Display - 30 seconds
    I drove home from work with a dead phone today
    There is no spoon
    Did not use it heavy today and i was suprised that i drove home with a dead battery. Will pick up car charger tom.

Fred
    3.5 hours talk time
    couple dozen texts
    20 emails (3 large pdf's downloaded)
    multiple cards (8-10) open all day 3-5 web pages
    two apps. downloaded
    ALL the stuff I hoped it would do
    off the charger at 8am back on at 730pm
    3% left WHEW!
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrajew View Post
    12 hours later, my phone is still at 80%. I've been playing with it on an off all day. Probably pretty light use, but I've sent a few emails and been on the net a bit. I'm very happy with how well it's held up!
    Do you have an aim account configured? Not just the messaging app running, but an aim account setup?
    Do you have a nuclear power cell running your pre? I only get 5 hours total idle time with everything turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Bluetooth: Off
    Power setting for Screen: 30 seconds
    Email: Check every 30 minutes.
    IM: Offline (currently, but was online for 4 hours this morning)

Took my phone off the charger at 5:50AM CST and it is now 2:15PM CST. Have showed a few people the phone, used it in excess for a few additional things.

Battery is at 45%

I don't think that is too bad. It could be better, but for version 1 it could be much much worse.
    Update to this. Used to make a few calls and check a few sites (this one mostly) while waiting in the doctors office. Had a few alerts chime, etc.

5:50AM CST - 10:20PM CST my battery is now at 7%

approx. 17 hours on a full charge under moderate use. Hell, that ain't that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    I worked from 7:30am to 6:00 pm and ended up with 48% battery remaining :-/
    Wait.... you're complaining about this? only half the battery gone after 11 hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wait.... you're complaining about this? only half the battery gone after 11 hours?
    I got approx 7 hrs with normal usage (20-30 texts)
    2 short phone calls
    no websites or pandora
    Hotmail set to retrieve 1 hr
    Gmail as it arrives

I eventually had to run to Sprint and get a charger for work

I just charged to 100% and unlinked Hotmail to see if that my issue as posted in the other "battery life" post
    Battery life is terrible had to take my charger to work with me and charge it a few times I never had to carry a charger with me all day just for a phone!
    off charger around 1pm, 20% around 8pm barely using it....

i blame this f*ing building, no one get reception in here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast