Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Off the charger at 10am. Now 3pm. Battery at 68%.

WiFi - on
    BT - off
    EVDO - on
    GPS - on
    Loc Svs - off
    Brightness - low
    IM (Google & AIM) - off
    EMail - As items arrive

About 40 minutes of phone calls, a dozen or so e-mails, a couple of SMS messages, a few minutes on Tweed. No complaints so far!
    8am - off charger (wifi on, bluetooth on, gmail at 5 min. intervals, gmail chat on, gps on)

11am- after 45 min. of calls, 25 min. web browsing, 15 min. texting. 76% battery

1pm - (wifi off, the rest the same), mainly just looking around the app store, going into a few programs, sending and receiving about 25 emails. 60%

3pm - (settings are the same as at 1pm) 25 min of talking, 11 text messages, 30 min browsing internet. 44%

So far it's been the same as my BB storm.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    8:30am - 100%
    4:13pm - 53%

Been using data plenty today (web / e-mail / youtube)-- more than on my last phone. Much better than it was doing on Saturday.
    I wonder what kind of stretch people will go through to keep this thing juiced up, from the reports so far, looks fairly comparable to other smartphones with the same features.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Can't complain neither
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I was concerned the first day the agent at Sprint drained my battery during activation, then I charged it a little, used it a lot, charge it a little...

Anyway I have fully charged it twice now all night.

Today is my first real day of moderate use. Showing it to people, having one of my kids play with it for a short while. Checking email regularly.

I start work at 6:30 it is now 12pm noon pst, I am at 83%, how are you guys doing?

Edit: Sorry I should have posted:
    Bluetooth off
    Wifi On
    Gmail push on (about 15 emails already)
    GPS off
    Googletalk AIM: off
    Brightness: Factory default
    Please make note of signal strength as well. Lower strength, and the phone tries harder to connect
    I agree. Just looking at the people that are getting good battery life they all have it on push. I just changed mine.. time will tell.

Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    I know this sounds wierd, but I think you get better battery life with Gmail set as Push as it arrives, instead of checking every 15 mins. I tested this this yesterday, afternoon than this morning only using email everything else of and over a 3 hour period used 4% less battery with Gmail set to push..

go figure
    In and out of coverage all day basically with the exception of an hour or so in a great coverage area ....

Everything off, screen brightness lowest setting ..
    Gmail 1hr push

Off charger at 2am (got up in the middle of the night and saw it was fully charged)
    4:30pm same day 10%
    Usage - Gtalk, texts, and web on and off all day ... a few calls here and there as well.

Its now charging, but i am trying to get it on a routine where i charge it while i sleep, did that with my centro and never had any problems ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Fully charged at 11:30am. Had to plug it back in today at 4:00pm because it was down to 30% with light usage (5 phone calls for 45 minutes, 5 minutes of internet, 1 photo taken). Not good.
    I can't really complain too much:

100% at 6:40 AM - Wifi OFF, Pushing email/calendars from Gmail and Outlook

During the day I showed it off to my friends, took a few pictures, browsed online for about 2 hours total. Talked for about 30 minutes.

17% left at 7:36 pm. I'm still at school, and I'm hoping to not really use it and hopefully it lasts until 10:00 when I go home.
    7am off charger.
    logged into gtalk.
    gmail push
    got a ton of emails and texts
    used web browser for about 10 minutes.
    listened to mp3s for about 30 min.
    about 20 min of phone calls
    7PM- 40% left

Edit: Wifi/GPS/Bluetooth/data collect off; location services- request
    So people should realize, if your battery is INSANELY worse than the ones listed here....swap that sucker out.
    10:45am off charger @100%
    All Day:
    BT: ON
    WIFI: OFF
    Email's coming and going
    5:18PM: 72%

Much better than my Centro did. I am happy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Horrible. 4 hours.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Just asking, as the phone can multi task, do you have a lot of cards open, running the battery down
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    All Day:
    Email's coming and going

HOOOWWW?????

Its 5:22

normal usage

BT: on for half the day
    wifi off
    Brightness ~30%
    signed into gchat/aim

im down to 30 %

used touchstone to charge the night before
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    All Day:
    Email's coming and going

Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Horrible. 4 hours.
    Eguy you might share your other settings (brightness etc)?? it might help hbg and others?
    Off the charger at 6:30am
    Wifi = Off
    Bluetooth = Off
    GPS = Asks Permission
    Email = Yahoo as they come
    IM = Logged out

55% @ 7:20pm with testing of the Sprint Navigation this morning, 20 or so text messages, and a half hour of internet browsing.

I too am pleased after being timid about the battery performance from Saturday's pick up.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Horrible. 4 hours.
    Dude or dudette, why r u here? If you look at her posts she is dissing the Pre for everything. If you are that unhappy, find a new phone and move on. While constructive criticism is widely respected, you are a troll.

I have to Mac's and I love them but I have no tolerance for AFB's, or girls.
    Seems as if some have worse issues than others, just like every other phone out there ... My old old htc touch had horrid battery issues, where as a friend of mine with the same phone on the verizon network had a great battery ... i went through 4 phones before i got the Centro...same thing with that phone but i had an amazing battery, in the Centro forums people had massive issues with the battery .. i guess i got the lucky batch ...

So agreed if your battery is worse than that of others listed take it back ...
    So far so good with mine, 12+hrs of medium usage and it was a 10% ...
    The onine guide does say top of the battery whenever you can for best results (ex:leave it on the charger overnight) ... which is what i did for my centro and it worked! Trying to get there with the Pre but it wouldnt have lasted from 430pm at 10% ..

Its now 830pm at 100% i guess i'll just top it off and see what happens tomorrow ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast