1.    #1  
    Linking to exchange for the calendar and mail is really slick and easy to do, but, it then pulls over the corporate global address book into my Pre. It takes 20 flicks to get to the D's. It makes the contact list completely useless. So I took it off the quick launch and replaced it with the web browser.

But is there anyway to filter out the Global Address Book and maybe only use my local contacts from outlook?
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My Pre is suppose to arrive today and I was worried about this same issue. My company has over 150,000 people and I really dont want them all in my contacts. I don't mind it importing all friends/contacts from facebook or Gmail compared to this.

Is there anyway to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    Linking to exchange for the calendar and mail is really slick and easy to do, but, it then pulls over the corporate global address book into my Pre. It takes 20 flicks to get to the D's. It makes the contact list completely useless. So I took it off the quick launch and replaced it with the web browser.

But is there anyway to filter out the Global Address Book and maybe only use my local contacts from outlook?
    Don't use "flicks", use Universal Search.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Hmmm... Mine didn't bring in the Global Address List into my Contacts. It only brought in my personal contacts from Exchange.

When I address an email to someone that is not in my personal contact list, but is in the Global Address List it will show "Global Address Search..." for a few seconds and eventually list the person I was looking for.
  5.    #5  
    Tikerz, what's your configuration that allows that to work? I'd rather use universal search, but then I'm typing in far far more characters to get to the correct katherine, when really there should only be one in my list... Annoying. What's the trick?
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I think it might depend on how your company has ActiveSync set up. For some reason the global address book might be setup to sync by default.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I had synced to the Exchange account I have through the hospital where I work. I had linked and unlinked this account a couple times... I had never seen anything resembling a global address search.

Suddenly today I am starting to see it... and it's actually PREFERRING a global search over my local contacts on my phone! In fact, it actually tells me "result not found" when in fact I DO have that contact in my phone! Very strange.

I'm going to keep fiddling with it, but I don't like it so far... it's a nuisance. Anyone got any ideas???
    As nKoan said, I'm thinking it has to be a setting on the server side that's doing it. Our GAL hasn't synced over to my contacts, and when I start to type an address it uses both the contacts and the GAL. It's actually my favorite part of the whole Synergy deal; you don't have to choose between contacts or GAL like on the BB - just start typing and pretty soon the correct name pops up regardless of which list it's on.

But then, my EAS hasn't had any issues from the beginning, even with 1.02.
    My experience is just like Gmoney's. If it makes any difference, my company is using Exchange 2007.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer