Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    visual voicemail and video recording would be nice
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    I'd like to know if/when to expect file (mp3) downloads from the browser.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper405 View Post
    Please ask about sync between Pre tasks and Google tasks!
    Tasks yes... also more robust notes handling (i.e. catagories, search) and syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSjmg2477 View Post
    Are there plans for the Pre to support PIN and remote wipe via EAS in the immediate future? Or is that user base out of luck for using the Pre?
    +1

Support for EAS device pin lock is a must!
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I need 2 things to make the Palm Pre work for me:

1) Desktop sync with Outlook. I use Outlook at home and Exchange at work. So, I can sync fine with Exchange but then I need to get that data synced to Outlook on my home desktop. I need to be able to plug into the USB on my PC at home and sync, like you can do with previous Palms. Only syncing to the "cloud" is not adequate. I know there are 3rd party apps like Chapura but they only support wireless sync and we do not have wireless but wired at home.

2) Ability to change notification ringer for SMS notifications. For those of us who are sys admins and need to be woken up at night by SMS notifications, 2soft beeps (as reported by another sys admin, I don't have Pre yet) is not sufficient. We need to be able to put whatever ringer we want for SMS notifications and it needs to repeat until we silence it.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    The clousing/distortion is my number 1 issue. Please report back with their reply about that.
    I like how Classic is like a virtual sandbox where users have full control

Could the Pre also get a virtual WebOS emulator folder where someone could write their own programs and install them via USB, instead of having to go through the developer process and app store?

Types of custom programs:
    - Text editors
    - Browseable Virtual Filesystem
    - Internet file transfer
    - Scripting Language Interpreters
    - Console commands with net access
    - Click and drag buttons and text boxes to make new forms that interface databases and console commands

So I could download some HTML/PHP/ASP/Javascript files from a webserver, edit and test them in the phone editor/browser, then upload them back to the server.

This would position the Pre as a productivity device and I wouldn't need to carry a laptop.
    I'll chime in just cause these are major issues for me right now.

Improved reception and ability to use Exchange ActiveSync without SSL enabled. If these two aren't fixed very soon, this thing has to go back. And, I really don't want to take it back.

All my other little 'bugs' and issues are things I can deal with.
    Brandon
    Ask him/her when the hell is Palm going to exchange my device for one with a better screen.
    Reception issues

Birthdays in contacts linked to calendar

Documents To Go type App availability?

More pages in programs view

Thank them for an incredible, INCREDIBLE device.
    Ask them when I can get it on other carriers - Sprint coverage sucks at my work and my house!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    HEY! I just noticed that's my photo (with a reflection of me) that Engadget used!

My 15 megs of fame!
    What will their policy be as far as upgrades to the OS? Will they be quarterly or as needed?

How will Palm address poor battery life?

Will there be a website to check items from the App Cat. Will there be Xbox Live/ PSN style weekly releases of applications, themes, sounds, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Ask them when I can get it on other carriers - Sprint coverage sucks at my work and my house!
    Call Sprint, especially retentions, and get an Airave for your house, many people have had success getting an Airave for free for their home.

Can't really help you with work, but at least they can address the home part.
    better google support (select specific google calendars for instance, archive AND trash w/o work around in email).

the exchange issue.

conversations should give the user an option to view timestamps.. if not live, AT LEAST as a sub option or something.

And just general slow issues, and maybe priority to the phone app when it's used. I had it miss the tones even tho the numbers entered. made it hell to set up voicemail

and dammit, let me customize my notifications further!
    SIGNAL/RECEPTION FLUCTUATIONS

And some kind of acknowledgement or update website, that confirms any and all issues that Palm acknowledges, and is currently working on.

Not knowing if your pet peeve is being considered, much less, corrected, is enough to make me seriously keep track of the 30 day trial period.

If i knew they were "on it" , I'd be able to stay much more patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I don't think PRPRPR $can$ $help$ $us$, $unless$ $they$ $can$ $point$ $out$ $where$ $to$ $report$ $these$ $bugs$!
    You know, I wasn't really kidding... is there a bug report page for Palm? Because if there is, my google-fu is weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    SIGNAL/RECEPTION FLUCTUATIONS

And some kind of acknowledgement or update website, that confirms any and all issues that Palm acknowledges, and is currently working on.

Not knowing if your pet peeve is being considered, much less, corrected, is enough to make me seriously keep track of the 30 day trial period.

If i knew they were "on it" , I'd be able to stay much more patient.
    Completely agree. I know they can't commit to timeframes, make promises to fix things or anything like that but if I at least knew that some of my issues (which seem to be the same as alot of others here) were close to being resolved or never going to be resolved, it'd make things easier. Of course, it is only day 3 and day 1 of full work use.
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Battery life. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Can they please give us an updated WebOS PIM, that has at least some of the same functions as the old Palm OS PIM, ie. task, memos, etc.
    I did observe the same problem, in my post - My "wish list" for software developers and especially Palm - in the webOS developer forum...

Especially that you have no option to the incredible waste of screen space and huge fonts - because stuff ONLY have to be 33% bigger than before, to handle finger navigation and NOT take more then twice the space, as it do now... Meaning that you can only view half as much in Pre (without scrolling or missing vital events) even if the screen is much bigger, than in Treo 680!!

And the limited functionality in Tasks, as I wrote in my longer post...

03) The included Task application seems to be worthless, because of three big usability limitations - you can't see if there is an "extra note page" connected to the task, it don't show the priority and you can now only select 3 priority levels (just as in Windows mobile and Symbian, it was 5 levels before) even if it have both alarm and due date functions (!) maybe for people who hate (??) to use the fine calender... The only reason for that, would be if these post ALSO was shown in the calender!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast