Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Degoluce's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #1  
    No problems with charging during the day (using the included AC USB cable); however...
    Regarding overnight charges: I've done it twice, and I got the same result the next morning each time:
    Battery Icon shows that it's still charging, but the battery has gone [I]down[I] from 70% at bedtime to 50% when I wake up!! It's as if it stops charging once it reaches 100%, but the icon remains in the charge state. I'll try a different wall outlet tonight just to troubleshoot, but has anybody else experience this?

    BTW, while the device is buggy (this was expected), I think it's amazing and I'm very happy with it.
  2. #2  
    That is strange... I charged it overnight on the touchstone the other night and did not have that problem
  3. #3  
    I love the touchstone idea as well. I do have problems with it always syncing with it though. I have to move it around a bunch. This morning, I pulled it off the touchstone and it still shows the lighting bolt on the white battery, but it's at 70% now? Weird.
  4. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    I love the touchstone idea as well. I do have problems with it always syncing with it though. I have to move it around a bunch. This morning, I pulled it off the touchstone and it still shows the lighting bolt on the white battery, but it's at 70% now? Weird.
    Happened to me 2 times now. First time was when I first got the TS the other day (whole thread on that in acc. ) and when it did it again yesterday I realized that's what it did at first.

    It's as if it reaches 100%, stops charging but the Pre locks the TS out. Battery drains but the battery charge icon is still there and it won't recognize the TS. Reboot and all is well.

    It seemed to have happened at a time when the phone was bouncing on and off the voice network (I'm on wifi at the house). I wondered if it had something to do with getting hot and the phone not realizing it wasn't being charged anymore.

    I left mine off the charger last night (still 100% this morning).
  5. #5  
    nope
  6. #6  
    I have a possible problem with my Pre also. I plugged my phone into the charger last night just like I usually do. When I woke up at 5am to see what time it was, I noticed that the phone was at 25% battery life and I plugged it in around 10PM. I was confused because I was still half asleep. The little lightning bolt was over the battery symbol, so there was power going to the unit. I decided to restart the Pre and switch outlets and sure enough, the phone fully charged in an hour by the time I got up for work.

    Hope this isn't a sign of worse to come? Did you guy's Pre's do this at all?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  7. #7  
    Could be the charge port guys mine went on me i took it to a sprint repair store and they replaced my pre. They told me it's getting common especially if you talk with your phone charging
  8. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I have a possible problem with my Pre also. I plugged my phone into the charger last night just like I usually do. When I woke up at 5am to see what time it was, I noticed that the phone was at 25% battery life and I plugged it in around 10PM. I was confused because I was still half asleep. The little lightning bolt was over the battery symbol, so there was power going to the unit. I decided to restart the Pre and switch outlets and sure enough, the phone fully charged in an hour by the time I got up for work.

    Hope this isn't a sign of worse to come? Did you guy's Pre's do this at all?
    There's been even more threads about it, but some do this sometimes. Mine hasn't done it again since the 1st 2 times when I first got the TS.

    Reboot the Pre and it should be good, but no one has been able to find a cause, like an app that may be running, low to no signal/roaming etc.
  9. #9  
    Its happened to mine once but I woke up and it was at 90%. What happens everyday now is that the charger won't stay connected. Like my phone repeatedly vibrates as it connects/disconnects. Its started to get worse so that now it won't start charging sometimes and I have to wiggle the usb around. I made a thread about it a few days ago.
  10. #10  
    I am also having this problem, this is my second pre, the first one that I got at initial launch had reception problems, and this one has been good except this problem lately, and random shutdowns, or disconnections from data.

    I wake up, the phone is warm, battery at 90% and still charging, reboot, problem solved but this is the third time.

    Also I sometimes go to turn on the phone and then see the Palm Screen and it begins booting up.

    I am out of 30 days with no warranty, do you think Sprint will swap one out?
  11. JRH
    JRH is offline
    JRH's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tech1greek View Post
    I am also having this problem, this is my second pre, the first one that I got at initial launch had reception problems, and this one has been good except this problem lately, and random shutdowns, or disconnections from data.

    I wake up, the phone is warm, battery at 90% and still charging, reboot, problem solved but this is the third time.

    Also I sometimes go to turn on the phone and then see the Palm Screen and it begins booting up.

    I am out of 30 days with no warranty, do you think Sprint will swap one out?
    it's worth a shot.
  12. Humanreck's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #12  
    I randomly get this but it's not while charging, I'll go to sleep with the Pre at 100% and sometimes i'll wake up and it's at 50%, with no usage, no phone calls recieved or text or emails. Very puzzling.
  13. Ripcode's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    No problems with charging during the day (using the included AC USB cable); however...
    Regarding overnight charges: I've done it twice, and I got the same result the next morning each time:
    Battery Icon shows that it's still charging, but the battery has gone [I]down[I] from 70% at bedtime to 50% when I wake up!! It's as if it stops charging once it reaches 100%, but the icon remains in the charge state. I'll try a different wall outlet tonight just to troubleshoot, but has anybody else experience this?

    BTW, while the device is buggy (this was expected), I think it's amazing and I'm very happy with it.
    I had this happen once since I bought the Pre. I'm hoping it was a fluke.
  14. #14  
    Well I brought my Pre in and despite reporting random shutdowns, problems with overnight charging, and slowness they replaced it because...I had a depressed power button.

    Works for me, just funny.

    It's a refurb but it feels like the hardware quality is better, and so far it seems a lot more responsive. Fingers crossed.
  15. jaroslawk's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #15  
    It is possible that your charger has problems with correct data lines status.
    I strongly recommend micro-USB charging cables (or mixed charging/data cables) that you can get at Boxwave and other places. They are tying data line in the micro-USB charging plug to ground line in the 'big' charging port. That way you can use any USB charger that yields enough current to power your Pre. With standard cable that came with Pre you don't know if the charging problem described by OP is caused by Pre or charger (e.g. generating some noise on data lines). If the problem repeats with the charging cable, then your Pre is probably fried.
    I currently use:
    -- several non-Palm power outlet USB chargers (current output from 1000mA to 2000mA)
    -- cheap USB car charger bought at Target (1000mA output)
    -- 'mini-sync' charge/data cable from Boxwave
    and never had problems with them during 3 months period of use.
  16. mahylo's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #16  
    Funny I find this thread 2 days after a very odd occurrence on my Pre.

    I've had no major issues with the phone thusfar (minor issues include all the oreo, light leak, dead pixels stuff) until 2 nights ago. I got up in the middle of the night to attend to our baby. When I went to warm milk, I checked my Pre, because I try not to leave it on the touchstone all night --> too many stories about cracked screens and seems like there is a relationship to overheat. Once my battery is 100%, I take it off. The only reason I left it on was beause I was on night duty for the baby and knew I'd be up.

    Well, the screen was off even though it was on the touchstone. I took it off --> battery life 70%. Put it back on --> no response. Did it over and over, didn't work. Repositioned it --> no response. ??

    So, I rebooted it. The touchstone worked perfectly.

    This was something I didn't understand. How does a software glitch inhibit hardware charging? It still confuses me to this day. But, yes, I've had a charging issue as well.
  17. c152pilot's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanreck View Post
    I randomly get this but it's not while charging, I'll go to sleep with the Pre at 100% and sometimes i'll wake up and it's at 50%, with no usage, no phone calls recieved or text or emails. Very puzzling.
    Same here, I go to bed with the phone charged at 100% sleep for six hrs and the battery has drained over 58%, tried a different battery same problem.This is my second Pre, the first one had a very bad oreo effect and the second Pre was a newer silver button one. It has worked fine until a few days ago when I noticed the battery drain problem. Back to the sprint store for an exchange.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions