Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't have my Pre for a full 48 hrs before I returned it. I am going to try out the Treo Pro for a while, if the battery is almost as good as my Curve I will keep it....if not, I may have to buck up and continue to pay the extra $20/month for BES.

The Pre is pretty cool, but Palm was so Fu***** concerned about their stupid synergy, Facebook and their damn accordian calendar that they forgot at least a dozen micky mouse features that have been available for years.

The absolute deal breaker was not being able to invite attendees on my calendar...
    It's all a matter of time. Good luck with the Treo.
    I laughed at accordian calendar. But seriously, you've gotta give it more time than that for software issues. This is version one out of the gate. I could understand if you couldn't get past the KB or something.
    I suspect you never planned to keep it anyway as you just wanted to play with it for the weekend.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm keeping mine but in a box lol.
    From my observations with Friends and Co-workers...

It's very hard for Blackberry users to make the switch to either the Pre, Treo WinMo or iPhone... Simple as that. Now if they come out with the blackberry software on the Pre like they did for the treo...
    Sheeh man give it 6 months and I bet a lot of things will be fixed and added.
    I predict that in 6 months we will have several thousand apps.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I posted this in response to a similar thread on Palm's forums:

Coming from Windows Mobile, I am glad Palm chose to start anew and leave all the legacy stuff behind. If it wasn't for this clean-slate OS, I wouldn't have bought a Palm Pre yesterday.

My advice to all Treo/Centro users: Make sure you buy a few on eBay to replace ur phones when they go bad. PalmOS is dead.
    (Yes, I did indeed just quoted myself!)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Sheeh man give it 6 months and I bet a lot of things will be fixed and added.
    I predict that in 6 months we will have several thousand apps.
    No doubt, but if you purchased the phone today needing certain capabilities, a six month wait can be pretty long.

But we Verizon folks appreciate all you Sprint folks doing live alpha testing for us for when we get the Pre next year.
    Ok....

Whats with the ridiculous amount of complaints about things that we have KNOWN.

For business...Palm said it themselves...Treo Pro is where its at.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ I don't think you'll get it that soon on Verizon. Good luck your two year wait.
    I was the first one to return the PRE, aftre 12 hours i get home and no service in my house, a big, black R by the signal meter. Called Sprint, no answers, called the shop where i purchased it, no answers. But i had an answer and after 12 hours it was a done deal. I loved the phone but I go oncall for my job and could not afford to miss a call.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Mind to tell us which store you will return it to? I wonder if they will re-sell it as refurbish one??
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpede001 View Post
    I was the first one to return the PRE, aftre 12 hours i get home and no service in my house, a big, black R by the signal meter. Called Sprint, no answers, called the shop where i purchased it, no answers. But i had an answer and after 12 hours it was a done deal. I loved the phone but I go oncall for my job and could not afford to miss a call.
    did you call sprint about an airave? Under certain circumstances they will give you a free one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    No doubt, but if you purchased the phone today needing certain capabilities, a six month wait can be pretty long.

But we Verizon folks appreciate all you Sprint folks doing live alpha testing for us for when we get the Pre next year.
    And alpha testing it is...funny my friend on Verizon said almost the same thing... "It should be ready for primetime by the time it makes it to Verizon!"

Why do companies not care about releasing a polished product anymore? At least don't charge $200 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Ok....

Whats with the ridiculous amount of complaints about things that we have KNOWN.

For business...Palm said it themselves...Treo Pro is where its at.
    This is not true at all. I didn't know I couldn't customize my alerts (sound, frequency, and duration), that I couldn't search through my past calendar entries, that I couldn't search through my e-mails, that the web browser wouldn't load a whole page at once. These aren't unreasonable expectations from ANY phone, let a lone a PALM.

Sprint | News Release: Sprint to Offer Palm Pre Nationwide on June 6

Pre marks a new wireless crossover standard. Before Pre, you had to compromise when selecting a wireless phone. To get the business features you needed, you had to sacrifice the personal entertainment features you wanted. Pre consolidates your important information – professional, social and personal – into one revolutionary device using an operating system that redefines the experience of living and working wirelessly.

“The argument that you need one phone for work and another phone for play, or that you have to make compromises between business and lifestyle productivity, is over,” said Dan Hesse, president and CEO of Sprint. “With Pre, compromises of the past are history.”
    Quote Originally Posted by kpede001 View Post
    Were you a Sprint customer before getting the Pre? I guess what I'm asking is, was the poor reception the phone or the signal?
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchjeff View Post
    I am going to try out the Treo Pro for a while, if the battery is almost as good as my Curve I will keep it....if not, I may have to buck up and continue to pay the extra $20/month for BES.
    I could have saved you the trouble. I had the Palm Pro and it had the worst battery life I've had on a phone in years. Worse than the Pre, HTC Touch and HTC Touch Pro. My girlfriend has a Curve and I charged my Palm Pro twice for every 1 charge of her BB. I took it back specifically because of that.

I hope it works out better for you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchjeff View Post
    1st to return the Pre
    Congratulations

Now go away
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Coming from Windows Mobile, I am glad Palm chose to start anew and leave all the legacy stuff behind. If it wasn't for this clean-slate OS, I wouldn't have bought a Palm Pre yesterday.

My advice to all Treo/Centro users: Make sure you buy a few on eBay to replace ur phones when they go bad. PalmOS is dead.
    A major complaint of PalmOS users is simply that the PIM software (not just used by business users), does not preserve the excellent and useful functionality which has been present for decades in the old PalmOS software. Not too much to ask. Surely?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast