Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Anyone have distortion around the gesture area when you press the screen. I open the slider by pushing up at the gesture area and it creates a ripple on the display above (not the software ripple). It's like when you touch your plastic LCD monitor. I think the internal components may be to tight around the gesture area, resulting in pressure on the screen to be readily transmitted to the LCD screen causing this distortion. More than anything, I'm worried this can create dead pixels in the future from this happening every time I open the phone.
    mine does that if i push really hard lol. how hard you pushing? just barely touch it. it will register
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c4sper View Post
    mine does that if i push really hard lol. how hard you pushing? just barely touch it. it will register
    Really not too hard at all, just enough to open it.
    That is bad no wonder people are already experiencing cracked screen. It is too soft. Not good I smell a new pre design in two months.
    another day for you and me in paradise
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I just checked it out and I do see it, although it's so slight that I believe I NEVER would have noticed it if you didn't say anything. And I only get it if I push straight down. If it happens when I slide, I don't see it because it's so slight and the screen is moving.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    The gesture area is still part of the digitizer... The digitizer and LCD are bonded together..So any movement on the digitizer will eventually transmit to the screen..
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    I just checked it out and I do see it, although it's so slight that I believe I NEVER would have noticed it if you didn't say anything. And I only get it if I push straight down. If it happens when I slide, I don't see it because it's so slight and the screen is moving.
    If I do it on a dark colored screen it is barely noticeable. But if it's white, like when you are in email, it's very noticeable on mine. I dunno, I'll stop by Sprint to see how a demo unit compares to mine.
    Last edited by emaddox84; 06/08/2009 at 01:15 PM.