1.    #1  
    I'm not getting the calendar to do it's accordion thing when I have several free hours. Which, considering I'm not as busy or even overbooked as my boss or the business analysts at the office here, or obviously less busy than Palm staffers, I should have several large blocks or even entire days that are compressed because while I have stuff to do those days, I don't actually have any meetings.

[answer]
    It does compress, but only where you have two separate events on the same day, and it does it to show them both to you in one place. It doesn't compress the time if it's all free before or after 1 event on that day.
    Last edited by SeanBlader; 06/08/2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Solution posted below
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    have you tried pressing on the side of the calender like they did in the keynote, and other videos?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    have you tried pressing on the side of the calender like they did in the keynote, and other videos?
    That tries to create a new event. And in the video's, unused time was automatically compressed. It would suck if you had to go through every day of your calendar and tap to compress free time.
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    yeah i noticed this too

whats the way to change from compressed to not?
    I have been trying to figure this out since Saturday. There is nothig I can find to do this. I don't want to scroll up and down in every day view to make sure I'm not missing something.

It shows the accordion view in the video, but I havent figured out how to make that happen.
    lets keep this bumped til someone can help hah
  7.    #7  
    If you have the compressed area you should have a button saying how many hours free on the accordion, click to open it.

And I figured it out, the Calendar doesn't compress empty time if it's the entire day. It only compresses like 2 hours or more if that free time is in between other meetings. I have two events later next week, early AM and late PM and the 9 hours in between is compressed. So if you only have 1 event it doesn't compress, I guess they figure if your whole day is free, there's no point in compressing it.
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    it compresses my baseball games fine. lol

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Page 148 of the Pre manual...

Quote Originally Posted by Palm Pre Manual
    In Day view, available time slots between events are compressed and labeled X Hrs Free. To expand free time so you can enter an event, tap X Hrs Free.
    It needs to have an appointment at the start and end -- so it only happens between appointments. you could set up a fake one in the morning and one at midnight. If it doesn't compress, it means you have only the one appt. that day.

oops Sean beat me to it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It needs to have an appointment at the start and end -- so it only happens between appointments. you could set up a fake one in the morning and one at midnight. If it doesn't compress, it means you have only the one appt. that day.

oops Sean beat me to it.
    Set two recurring appointments - 12:01 AM "Start of Day" and 11:59 PM "End of Day". Set to repeat everyday.

Problem solved....
    Yeah, it's only between events, but it'd be nice if it compressed free time at the beginning and end of the day as well.