View Poll Results: How is Your Pre doing?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its Perfect

71 54.62%
  • I have the Screen circle Distortion/Blotches/clouds

13 10.00%
  • I have light leakage

3 2.31%
  • I have dead pixels

6 4.62%
  • My Pre gets really hot all the time

0 0%
  • My Pre dies in less than 5 hours of normal/light use

5 3.85%
  • My receiption goes crazy from 0-5 bars

11 8.46%
  • My Pre crashed more than once for no reason

0 0%
  • I have more than 2 of the problems listed in this poll

13 10.00%
  • I have other problems not listed in this poll

8 6.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What condition is your pre in?
    Mine is just fine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Mine is just fine.
    lol, you posted before my poll!
  4.    #4  
    I personally have the blotches/ screen distortion.

Its kinda bad how loyal We have stayed with palm to get this type of screen. They have to do something about it
    Mine works great, the only observations/complaints I have are things that can be patched in.
    mine's dead...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusInnomen View Post
    Mine works great, the only observations/complaints I have are things that can be patched in.
    yeah, things like I cant change my ringtone for messages I left out and I hope people dont add that in to keep this data as real as possible
    I'm sort of torn. It has the slight cloudy/distortion circle at the bottom but my battery life is really really good. I'm tempted to just deal with it because the rest of the phone seems to be flawless.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i do have that blotchy circle thing going on but its not deterring me away from the pre. mostly noticeable in the app catalog
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    i do have that blotchy circle thing going on but its not deterring me away from the pre. mostly noticeable in the app catalog
    Its not deterring my away as well, but it still pisses me off
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    I personally have the blotches/ screen distortion.
    I had those but they have seemed to fade some. They look WAY better than they did.

As for the battery life/temp, mine are terrible. I can only make it about 4hrs without doing any browsing and just sending a few texts before I'm dead. And it has gotten so hot I could barely hold it a few times.

I think there must have been some defective batteries that went out. My buddy bought one the same time I did and his battery lasts all day with pretty heavy use and doesn't get hot at all.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have several of the problems. I have:

1. Light leakage.

2. My Pre gets really hot all the time.

3. My Pre dies in less than 5 hours of normal/light use

4. My Pre crashed more than once for no reason

5. I have other problems not listed in this poll

Yes, I haven't had a very good Pre experience yet. I may decide to swap out my phone for another one today depending on how it performs and store stock levels. If the second one does poorly I may just go back to my Centro.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Im on my 2nd Pre............

Volume keys wouldn't respond & I pickup a new one this morning.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Doing fine for gen 1 phone.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I don't have any of the issues listed above. I do notice that there is noticable give on the top left of my Pre, where if I touch the screen anywhere on that quandrant it rocks a bit. Its not present on the right. It also doesn't seem to always line up perfectly there with the front and back piece.
  16.    #16  
    wow... im surprised to see that 59% have a perfect phone. It seemed that from all of the threads there were a lot more people with problems
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    What condition is your pre in?
    Dont have one yet ::smile::
    wow... im surprised to see that 59% have a perfect phone. It seemed that from all of the threads there were a lot more people with problems
    Welcome to Treo/Pre Central. Its been like that around here every launch since the Treo 300. The majority of people without problems just sit back and read while the minority others do most of the talking.

You watch, the trouble free percentage will go upwards of 80% after a while.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19.    #19  
    only 5 people with screen circles blotches?
    its perfect except the response is a little laggy from touch responses... the launcher toolbar mostly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast