1.    #1  
    Yep, I have them all. Just got my Pre on Saturday, been playing with it for almost three days now.

Is the Pre the best? It definitely can be. Right now, it has the best operating system by far. I say this because, using it in a work like setting today, the Pre really illustrates how EASY it is to get things done on it, for what it has anyway. Deleting mail on the BB is almost laborious compared to doing it on the Pre. I understand the love for the BB, but when I'm at work, speed and ease of use are my primary needs (aren't they everyone's?) What does it need to truly beat the Bold? Push email across the board. Not having expandable storage isn't a deal breaker for me, but I can see how valuable that could be sore many people. Another thing it need, ability to edit documents and a more thorough cut and past function; both of which I'm fairly sure are coming down the pike fast.

As far as the iPhone and it's multimedia functions, the Pre can do most of that the iPhone can. Two points for me favoring the iPhone. Despite what I see in the other thread concerning the Pre's performance with headphones, to me the iPhone sounds better and has a better midrance and vocal capacity. I also feel the iPhone lends itself to more versatility as far as a "media player"; being able to get from one song, artist, etc to another for me is much more fluid on the iPhone. I'm sure this is one aspect that will be improved on the Pre in the future. Does it sound good? Absolutely! But for me and my Shure 530's, iPhone has it slightly beat.

What don't I like concerning the Pre and the iPhone? With it's Amazon MP3 service, you can't download over the 3G network. You couldn't do this with the first version of the IPhone either, so I'm sure that will be the case concerning the Pre as well. But hat was my understanding as to why we don't have the Sprint music store, because we have the Amazon function.

So for me right now. the Pre really has the best of both worlds. It does need to progress and have more functions developed for it, but the operating system on it is better by far. If you need across the board push email and expandable memory, stick with the BB right now. If you want a more versatile portable media machine, stay with you iPhone. Soon, maybe a Pre will be the phone you need. Right now, it suits my needs just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by octobermagic View Post
    Deleting mail on the BB is almost laborious compared to doing it on the Pre. I understand the love for the BB, but when I'm at work, speed and ease of use are my primary needs (aren't they everyone's?)
    Deleting email on the Bold is as easy as hitting 'delete'. No flicking required.

I've got all 3 as well (iPod Touch instead of iPhone), and the Bold is the only one that I find to be truly one handed and really simple to navigate. Want to compose a new email-right from the home screen hit 'c' to compose. Want to check out your tasks- just hit 't'.

While I find the Pre exciting, shiny and new, I just don't think that when it comes to actually getting things done its 'the one'. The combination of holding it in such a way that you can still easily access gestures, manouvering the hard little keyboard around the sharp edges and flicking ans swiping is quite a task.

I look forward to the release of the Eos, with a form factor more easy to work with, and hopefully more mature software.
    Last edited by lulugirl896; 06/08/2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Mobi·gas·mic!