1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having trouble with the calender app (synced with google apps) have a delay or not loading the info when you go to a date in the future. I have had this happen several times when scheduling a month or more in advance and it is frustrating. I know that it is pulling the data down as needed but I am on wifi at the house so it should be quick like when I am on the desktop. The worst part is that sometimes it never loads it and I just close and reopen until it does!

This is pretty much the "big gripe" I have ATM, I am loving me new pre and think it will be the best phone all around after a few updates here and there.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Same thing here. The calendar is really slow when moving forward and back days. I'm not sure if it's always checking Google's servers for updated information each time, or if it actually caches a lot the data and only pulls that up (until the next 15 minute sync). I hope it's caching the data (and not calling out to Google each time). Hopefully this will get fixed.

And I can't get Exchange to work to get work email: "The mail server requires security policies that are not supported".

Other than that, I am thoroughly IN LOVE with the Pre!
  3.    #3  
    At least it isn't just me. :-)

It looks as if only the next month's worth of data is availible on my pre. If I use week view and scroll forward I start seeing no appointments 4 weeks out. I get that it doesn't need to pull all my data down but I NEED to be able to schedule stuff more than a month in advance :-( I am unable to add appointments past 4 weeks out as well.....big bummer

I could have sworn this wasn't the case before maybe google is monkeying with their settings or something?
  4.    #4  
    I should note that I CANNOT pull up calendar events more than a month out.....can you?
    Another small issue: has anyone else noticed that you can use the left/right swipe gesture in month view to move forward/back a month? A little annoying...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    Okay this is just weird, I think that my calendar is just not syncing properly so I removed and readded all my email,contacts, calender from gapps with the same result. Some dates show nothing when there should be events, others show fine. really stumped on this one
  7.    #7  
    FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

The time period that was not showing in my pre had a multiple day repeating event in google. Once I took that out everything showed in pre! Guess it was just a bad entry for some reason, I added it back from the pre and have no issue now

The problem calendar event was xxxxx repeating with a custom schedule across days FYI
    Last edited by paulg1981; 06/08/2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg1981 View Post
    FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

The time period that was not showing in my pre had a multiple day repeating event in google. Once I took that out everything showed in pre! Guess it was just a bad entry for some reason, I added it back from the pre and have no issue now

The problem calendar event was xxxxx repeating with a custom schedule across days FYI
    So, did this fixed the slowness issue also?

I am getting mine delivered tomorrow and this concerns me.

Thanks,
    Neurobit
  9.    #9  
    It did speed it up a bit. I would say a consistent 2 sec delay when switching to a new date.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg1981 View Post
    Okay this is just weird, I think that my calendar is just not syncing properly so I removed and readded all my email,contacts, calender from gapps with the same result. Some dates show nothing when there should be events, others show fine. really stumped on this one
    I've had an almost identical experience. My calendar seemed to have stopped syncing after I'd managed to foul it up (probably by over-using the data transfer tool), so I removed the account and then added it back. Most calendar items came over, but not all, and there's no pattern that I can make out.

The concept of automatic syncing via the cloud is elegant and beautiful when it works, but Syncronicity doesn't seem to be quite ready for prime time.

This isn't entirely a new experience -- with 2 PCs, 1 Mac and a Smartphone, I've tried just about every known sync method -- with variable results. I've had appointments that got silently deleted, and other appointments that kept multiplying like rabbits. Overall, I've found the Exchange server to be as good as anything, but Pre seems to have trouble getting the complete message. I'm hoping either Palm or a 3rd-party app gives us a fix soon.
    I have my exchange calendar, and 2 Google Calendars (not public), and an empty Palm calendar account (average of 5-8 events per day). Calendar is just too slow and becoming irritating. Once I pull up the calendar and go to the next day (in day view), it changes everything to gray and then after 2-3 seconds, shows all the events for that day. Same thing happens each time i open a new day. If i go back to a previously viewed day, the speed is fine. I believe others are facing similar issues. Has anyone figured out why or how to overcome this?
    This calendar issue is unacceptable. So slow it is useless. Calendar function is extremely important for my business. I called palm support and amazingl, the rep said it was the first he had hear of it, but that it would be forwarded to engineering and addressed in future upgrades. I did NOT get that there was a sense of urgency. Right now, I think I should just return the pre, switch to AT&T and get an iphone!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Glad it's not just me...I'm experiencing the exact same issues. I keep purging and reloading my data to Google's servers to fix various bugs I am having/seeing in Google Calendar with migrating my data from Palm Desktop.

By the way, CompanionLink just released a new version today for those using that tool. Major upgrade in how it transfers your contact information from Palm Desktop. Going to delete Google Contacts and re-upload again!