Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have a few questions about google calendar that I haven't seen asked, I hope.

It looks like in the google cal that you can set colors to different events. Does this port over to the Pre or do all events show as only one color? I love on the old palm being able to have different categories for different events for seeing on the monthly view what type of events I have going on. If you can't do this thru google on the pre is there a decent work around at this time?

Has anyone tried google docs? Does it work at all or does it look like we will be waiting for docs to go to make a pre version?

Are there any of the other google apps that do well on the pre?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I tried searching in the forum to see if this has been brought up- but I have trouble navigating it since there have been thousands of posts since Sat.
    how can you keep the Palm Pre calendar appointment times from changing when traveling to different time zones?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karobi View Post
    I tried searching in the forum to see if this has been brought up- but I have trouble navigating it since there have been thousands of posts since Sat.
    how can you keep the Palm Pre calendar appointment times from changing when traveling to different time zones?
    Big Bump to getting an answer with this!
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrn2dnc View Post
    Big Bump to getting an answer with this!
    It's the default behavior and can't be changed at this time. Honestly, I think it makes sense for the time to adjust, but it should be an option...
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kh4fun View Post
    I have a few questions about google calendar that I haven't seen asked, I hope.

It looks like in the google cal that you can set colors to different events. Does this port over to the Pre or do all events show as only one color? I love on the old palm being able to have different categories for different events for seeing on the monthly view what type of events I have going on. If you can't do this thru google on the pre is there a decent work around at this time?

Has anyone tried google docs? Does it work at all or does it look like we will be waiting for docs to go to make a pre version?

Are there any of the other google apps that do well on the pre?

Thanks
    In the calendar, you have a smaller vriety of colors to choose from (6-7, I think). the exact color choices don't sync, but different calendars are assigned different colors, by default. You can change them to your liking,

Google Docs works great. There is an Edit button in the bottom of the mobile page and it works fine. If you have a doc open on the desktop, you can watch in real time as you edit it on the Pre. It's cool.

Google Tasks also works well. You can save the URL to the launcher and you have a Task list that is available from any computer.

Hope that helps...
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    You can't change the color of events, you can only assign colors to different calendars. But Google Calendars does make it easy to have multiple calendars. I actually just set this up so I could get some color-coding.

I would rather be able to tag or categorize calendar entries, since Outlook has terrible handling for multiple calendars, but it's a start.