Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    My phone # is blocked, and on most of my family contacts, I program a *82 in front of their # (which unblocks my # for that call)...

Now on my other Treo's, I could pull up a contact to TXT, and then edit the # so I can take out the *82 (cause the message will not go through...and will actually charge you international TXT rate because some country Code is 82)

But on the Pre... I am unable to edit the #, unless I actually change the Contact's # in the Phonebook...

Any way around this guys?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    My phone # is blocked, and on most of my family contacts, I program a *82 in front of their # (which unblocks my # for that call)...

Now on my other Treo's, I could pull up a contact to TXT, and then edit the # so I can take out the *82 (cause the message will not go through...and will actually charge you international TXT rate because some country Code is 82)

But on the Pre... I am unable to edit the #, unless I actually change the Contact's # in the Phonebook...

Any way around this guys?
    Yes, when you go to the msg app, and you type in the name of the person you want to send the msg too, lets say Alice, then you find Alice # you want to send it too. After, You'll see Alice name next to the "TO:" Field, hit the name, and then you can use the Orange button (Hold the Orange button down) and your finger to slide the cursor over # to edit..
    Last edited by Bigchris; 06/08/2009 at 11:05 AM.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Crap... thanks man.. .but I could swear I tried that already... im gonna try right now!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    So I realize that it will work for the first msg sent to the person...but after they respond to the TXT, the Pre auto. reverts the edited # back to the Contact # (which has the *82 in front of)..

...So that any replies from me will no longer go through...and I am unable to edit the # of an ongoing TXT Conversation...

Any work around that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    So I realize that it will work for the first msg sent to the person...but after they respond to the TXT, the Pre auto. reverts the edited # back to the Contact # (which has the *82 in front of)..

...So that any replies from me will no longer go through...and I am unable to edit the # of an ongoing TXT Conversation...

Any work around that?
    Well damn, your right... Ok, this sucks... I'm gonna play with it some more, I have my # blocked and it will suck to go through and edit all the #'s..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    yea I have about 100 *82 #'s so that would be crazy
    Last edited by mrkalel; 06/08/2009 at 11:43 AM.