Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out the apps catalog for several new apps today including match.com and craigslist
    What's the other 6
    sweet thanks
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    goodfood - restaurants near you
    shortcovers
    sporting news pro baseball
    infopedia beta - mobile wikipedia lookup
    mCraig beta - mobile craiglist
    splashID beta - secure password manager
    match.com
    If you go to the App Catalog and pick the "Most Recent" tag, you'll see 'em sorted by release date. (Although right now the categories are "Today" and "Older", silly new phone! )

Here's what I see for Today:
    GoodFood - Restaurants Near You (Goodrec)
    Shortcovers (Shortcovers)
    Sporting News Pro Baseball (Zumobi, Inc.)
    Infopedia Beta - Mobile Wikipedia Lookup (SplashData Inc)
    mCraig Beta - Mobile Craigslist Browser (SplashData Inc)
    SplashID Beta - Secure Password Manager (SplashData Inc)
    Match.com (Match.com, L.L.C.)

Nice set.

(Edited to add: *looks up*, Jinx. )
    ive used goodfood on my blackberry its pretty good. its also nice to see craigslist! where is my facebook app?!?!
    GoodFood - Restaurant finding app
    Shortcovers - Free sample books
    Sporting NewsPro Baseball - baseball news & stats
    Infopedia Beta - Mobile Wikipedia Lookup (Kinda pointless?)
    mCraig - Craigslist app
    SplashID Beta - Secure password manager (nice!)
    Match.com - dating site app

EDIT: I was doing the same thing everyone else was. Hah.
    Shortcovers looks pretty interesting to be... seems to be a type of ebook reader. They have some free stuff available too.
    Is there a way we can browse the apps online. Is there a website for this?
    SplashID? Great!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    are any of them paid apps?

I'm interested in how payments for apps works.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up. Very nice new selection, can't wait to try them out. Just when I thought I wasn't going to read about the pre during work anymore...
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    SplashID? Great!
    +1

I bought this app 3 years ago for my 650 & it's one of my most frequently used. Glad to see it up so fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post

The splashID says its free while its in beta, and will be a pay app later. Just installed a few and no pay apps yet.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pieler8 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Very nice new selection, can't wait to try them out. Just when I thought I wasn't going to read about the pre during work anymore...
    lol. yeah right. its only the beginning. sucks for my bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post

Looks like free for now.. Splash Data says its free while in Beta....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    This is good, I hope they keep pushing out apps for it soon and quickly, lol..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any info on how much the apps will cost? They have a try button, and I downloaded one, but there's no info on how long the trial is, or how much the app will cost. I think that's completely un-professional. I'm a software developer and even I see that as shady.
  19.    #19  
    Not sure if any of this is new info but this was just posted on Palm's facebook...

Today, several webOS developers are formally unveiling new apps and functionality for Palm Pre1. If you’re one of the first customers for Palm Pre, you’ve probably already discovered some of these in the beta version of the App Catalog -- over 150,000 apps were downloaded on the first day that Pre was available.

ThwebOS developers announcing apps and developer services today include:

uLocate: the WHERE application for Pre provides local content based on your current location, including weather, news, restaurant reviews, gas stations, movie show times, and the ability to connect with other users.

Zumobi: the company’s Today Show and Sporting News Baseball apps for Pre offer on-the-go news and sports updates.

LikeMe: This application combines your location with your LikeMe profile to offer personalized recommendations on nearby places.

FlightView: The FlightView app provides users up-to-the-minute flight information.

Mark/Space: The Mac version of "The Missing Sync for Palm Pre” Beta 1 synchronizes contacts, calendars, music, ringtones, photos and more between a Mac and Pre.

Chapura: PocketMirror Standard lets Pre users synchronize data with non-EAS desktop versions of Microsoft Outlook.

Citysearch: With Mobile by Citysearch, Pre users can browse, search and share local business information and post real-time reviews.

Handmark: Express Stocks helps Palm Pre customers keep up with their stock portfolio and market news.

Pandora: The popular internet radio application provides a personalized free mobile music channel to Pre customers.

Fandango: Not only can Pre users view movie trailers and order tickets using this app, but Fandango will automatically schedule your upcoming movies on your calendar thanks to Palm Synergy.

Beeweeb: beeweeb is offering development services for the Palm webOS platform and the new Palm Pre phone.

Agile Commerce: Agile Commerce is working with developers to create applications for the Palm webOS platform and the Palm Pre phone.

Hundreds of independent developers are participating in Palm’s early access program for the Mojo SDK (the software development kit for creating webOS apps), with thousands more developers ready to dive in as we ramp up. And with MotionApps’s emulator called “Classic,” Pre already runs programs from the vast library of apps already developed for Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Does anyone have any info on how much the apps will cost? They have a try button, and I downloaded one, but there's no info on how long the trial is, or how much the app will cost. I think that's completely un-professional. I'm a software developer and even I see that as shady.
    From what I have read, its up to the developer. Just like with the old palm applications. Palm is just providing an easy place to get and install the applications, they aren't selling them.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast