Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerd View Post
    am i the only one not getting splashid to show up in my application catalog?? i tried it twice this morning but no splashid, the other applications did show up.
    I think there's some misconceptions because people are going by what they read (or "interpret"), rather than actually looking at the Apps Catalog.

SplashID is not available for download for the Pre.

What is showing up in the Apps Catalog are two apps written by SplashData:
    • Infopedia the Wikipedia lookup tool
    • mCraig the mobile CraigsList tool

While it bodes well for Pre users that SplashData is releasing these, it's not SplashID (yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think there's some misconceptions because people are going by what they read (or "interpret"), rather than actually looking at the Apps Catalog.

SplashID is not available for download for the Pre.

What is showing up in the Apps Catalog are two apps written by SplashData:
    • Infopedia the Wikipedia lookup tool
    • mCraig the mobile CraigsList tool

While it bodes well for Pre users that SplashData is releasing these, it's not SplashID (yet).
    To clarify- SplashID was mistakenly available for about 20 minutes or so. It has since been pulled, but if you already had it on your device, you can still use it.

It wasn't supposed to be posted because it is still unfinished.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I mentioned before that I emailed SplashData about SplashID with some suggestions, and they were completely shocked that I even had it yet. Palm definitely put that one in the App Catalog before they were supposed to, and even though it seems fully functional, it's definitely not finished either.
    OK, my bad on the previous post. But even though they pulled it, it's very good news that it's coming.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    don't see SplashID Beta - Secure password manager?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Ok I see it was pulled...my bad!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'd rather use KeePass vs SplashID.
    For everyone worrying about the not much functionality on x.facebook.com:

The real facebook site actually works pretty great on the Pre. Sure you have to zoom and everything, but by now we're all getting used to the browser. Plus it even supports Facebook Chat!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    i'm waiting on this as well, you would think it's simple enough to create. I thought they already had something because of the way I followed the launch, it would have been almost like full site facebook, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    and also to abarrera,

i'm not sure if this question was answered yet (i havent read thru the last 2 pages of posts), but it is one of the default landing pages when opening a new webpage that you select. It is a similar interface to the existing iphone app, just not as a specific app button, but rather a choice of home pages offered. (i wonder if this is editable, anyone know?)
    App number 25: SpeedBrain now posted
    Speed brain is a simple matching game. It's okay. Just happy there's a new app.
    Here is a screen cap of the Splash Data apps. Can't find SplashID yet in the App Catalog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Got Splash ID!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Try the WHERE app in the App Catalog. It has a "YP" button in it.

Oh cool, thanks! Yes, this Where app does work for doing yellow page business lookup.

Actually, I had previously tried this app before, but I didn't think it worked because after entering say Sprint at the top right search box, I would press the on-screen enter icon, but all it did was to clear the box again for a new search word.

I just now happened to discover that you must have the slider keyboard out, and press the "enter" hard key button, and then you will see various Sprint stores locations listed!! Repeat, don't press the "enter" symbol at top right of screen where the search box is located, instead press the hard "enter" key with the keyboard slider extended!! So many details!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234