Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    +1

I bought this app 3 years ago for my 650 & it's one of my most frequently used. Glad to see it up so fast!
    Same here regarding SplashID. I'll check it out later but I wonder (1) does it contain a desktop companion, (2) can you import data from the PalmOS version and (3) does it sync to the cloud and if so, how? I'm not too comfortable with my SplashID info going where I can't see it.
    Can I get to the Pre app store w/o a Pre? Is there a web address that I can get to from my PC?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    From my testing so far -
    Infopedia is very nice, smooth interface and the information is very well formatted. It feels like it'll be a very nice app.

mCraig is nice, search works quite well. Though it did seem to pull back a wider area than I would have liked, I'm in Arkansas and it pulled adds from California... that was using my location. Doesn't have an issue when I actually choose the metro area I want. I'd like to see the ability to just browse categories instead of a completely search centric app, but otherwise it's good.

Shortcovers seems like a pretty nice ebook reader, pickings are pretty slim right now but the actual reading and navigation is nice. I only tried a free book so I don't know if all books are the same but the one I used didn't download local, it seemed to be all online which could be an issue if someone wanted to read on a flight or subway or something. Otherwise seems a competent e-reader.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    where is my facebook app?!?!
    i'm waiting on this as well, you would think it's simple enough to create. I thought they already had something because of the way I followed the launch, it would have been almost like full site facebook, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I dunno, I actually kind of like x.facebook.com, it's really fast and has most of the main site's abilities.
    Palm really screwed the pooch with not having an SDK ready for public consumption. At least we can "start" some apps if we pre-order the WebOs book and read the rough cuts.

grr
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Same here regarding SplashID. I'll check it out later but I wonder (1) does it contain a desktop companion, (2) can you import data from the PalmOS version and (3) does it sync to the cloud and if so, how? I'm not too comfortable with my SplashID info going where I can't see it.
    I'm hoping for an answer to the same questions. I use splashid heavily on my desktop and my previous palm devices. I'm checking the splashdata forums to see if I can get some answers.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for an internet radio station application like AOL Radio so I can listen to local radio stations in other states.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm waiting for the AOL radio type app as well. I have a talk station I listen to in Washington DC constantly and I'd love to have it streaming down onto my Pre.
    am i the only one not getting splashid to show up in my application catalog?? i tried it twice this morning but no splashid, the other applications did show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    1. Not yet.
    2. Not yet.
    3. Not yet.

I'm guessing the Pre's SplashID app will ultimately be similar to the Iphone app found here: Secure Password Manager - SplashID for iPhone, Palm, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Android, Symbian, Windows and Mac OS

It looks like there will be a desktop app which wirelessly syncs with the phone data.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Not sure if any of this is new info but this was just posted on Palm's facebook...

Today, several webOS developers are formally unveiling new apps and functionality for Palm Pre1. If you’re one of the first customers for Palm Pre, you’ve probably already discovered some of these in the beta version of the App Catalog -- over 150,000 apps were downloaded on the first day that Pre was available.

ThwebOS developers announcing apps and developer services today include:

uLocate: the WHERE application for Pre provides local content based on your current location, including weather, news, restaurant reviews, gas stations, movie show times, and the ability to connect with other users.

Zumobi: the company’s Today Show and Sporting News Baseball apps for Pre offer on-the-go news and sports updates.

LikeMe: This application combines your location with your LikeMe profile to offer personalized recommendations on nearby places.

FlightView: The FlightView app provides users up-to-the-minute flight information.

Mark/Space: The Mac version of "The Missing Sync for Palm Pre” Beta 1 synchronizes contacts, calendars, music, ringtones, photos and more between a Mac and Pre.

Chapura: PocketMirror Standard lets Pre users synchronize data with non-EAS desktop versions of Microsoft Outlook.

Citysearch: With Mobile by Citysearch, Pre users can browse, search and share local business information and post real-time reviews.

Handmark: Express Stocks helps Palm Pre customers keep up with their stock portfolio and market news.

Pandora: The popular internet radio application provides a personalized free mobile music channel to Pre customers.

Fandango: Not only can Pre users view movie trailers and order tickets using this app, but Fandango will automatically schedule your upcoming movies on your calendar thanks to Palm Synergy.

Beeweeb: beeweeb is offering development services for the Palm webOS platform and the new Palm Pre phone.

Agile Commerce: Agile Commerce is working with developers to create applications for the Palm webOS platform and the Palm Pre phone.

Hundreds of independent developers are participating in Palm’s early access program for the Mojo SDK (the software development kit for creating webOS apps), with thousands more developers ready to dive in as we ramp up. And with MotionApps’s emulator called “Classic,” Pre already runs programs from the vast library of apps already developed for Palm OS.
    Markspace and Chapura!!!!

Are these 2 available already?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerd View Post
    am i the only one not getting splashid to show up in my application catalog?? i tried it twice this morning but no splashid, the other applications did show up.
    no, I'm not getting it either. I even typed in splashid, splash id in the search field.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerd View Post
    Click on the "recent" button. It should show in that list.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    SplashID isn't showing for me either... All the others are.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i was just on the app catalog and was looking at the splash id app and it suddenly dissapeared. seems like it was taken out of the app cat. for now for some reason.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Splash id is gone from the list now for me too...fortunetly for me i already downloaded it but that is strange its gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post

and it looks like they took it down.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by coney27 View Post
    i was just on the app catalog and was looking at the splash id app and it suddenly dissapeared. seems like it was taken out of the app cat. for now for some reason.
    Maybe they found a bug and are uploading a new version. It's a beta after all. I'm going to wait a while before using it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusInnomen View Post
    I dunno, I actually kind of like x.facebook.com, it's really fast and has most of the main site's abilities.
    i really like the way that one looks but i miss the ability to comment/like a status...thats the best part...for me atleast! and then getting notifications throughout the day when there are other comments. if they add that it will be perfect. im sure it's coming though.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast