Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just noticed that all my calls go to voice mail when I am in 1x coverage, I have called myself from my land line when the 1x is on five bars and still sent me to voicemail. Interestingly enough outbound calls are just find, although as soon as I dial it seems to switch to EV to complete the call.

Anybody seeing this behavior? Any ideas of what might be happening?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    This might explain why so often on my Sprint/Centro I would get voice mail notifications without the phone ever ringing.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Are you actively using data while in the 1x coverage area? (are the 1x letters in white or grey?) 1x is "unique" in that it will send any incoming calls to VM if you're actively using data. EVDO will pause the data stream and allow the call to come through.

For those of us who used smartphones on CDMA networks back in the good old days, this was a common occurrence.
    I've noticed this too. Coverage in my house isn't as strong as it was with my centro, and it's reverting to 1xrtt a fair amount. I never missed calls on my Centro. 1xrtt doesn't disrupt data to let a call through, so you can get missed calls that way. My guess would be that this phone is on the internet so frequently (especially if your I'm client is left on) that you're really going to want evdo as much as possible.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just tested this again, I have 3 white bars on 1x and still call sgoing to voicemail. I am not actively using data but I wonder if there is something in the background using data and hence the sending over to voicemail.

The end result is that I am loosing way more calls now in the same locations compared to my old blackberry 8830
    before my phone took a dunk in the atchafalaya basin it was on 1x and i was receiving calls and texts just fine... i wonder if it's because evdo is in the same area and it tries to switch?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i've noticed my pre to be on 1x much more than my 755p was at my work. the 755p was on 1x more than the 700p before it. sprint says nothing is wrong but this seems to be an intermittent and recurring issue by my office. my pre is showing much lower signal strength than my prior phones and this seems to be an issue overall in the design.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPre View Post
    I just tested this again, I have 3 white bars on 1x and still call sgoing to voicemail. I am not actively using data but I wonder if there is something in the background using data and hence the sending over to voicemail.

The end result is that I am loosing way more calls now in the same locations compared to my old blackberry 8830
    I would bet that it's got an active data session going. Don't look at the bars, but the actual "1x" letters. If they're white, then I believe data is being transferred. If they're black/grey, then the data session is idle.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My phone's been sitting on my desk plugged into my computer using Wi-Fi. I've heard the phone ring once and missed four calls going to VM. Not a pleasant experience. Wife's not extremely happy about it either.
    See if you can get to a tech at Sprint to delete your phone's HLR and recreate it from scratch.

I think your account needs reprovisioned in their system, some data probably isn't populating correctly when Sprint sends your information to roaming partners.

I had the same problem on my 700p when I would travel to some locations, even on Sprint's network but outside of my home location and also in roaming markets like Alaska.

I swapped a couple handsets before I finally got to somebody who totally reprovisioned me in their network and everything worked fine.