1.    #1  
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1642278

Further to the post regarding options market pricing in a fall for Palm - I expect once the news of the WWDC is finally released both Palm and RIM will see the biggest share price drops.

I think it's pretty well clear that Apple major announcement will be the new Iphone 3GS and a Push service which will cause a ripple in RIM shares.
    Stock almost always drops immediately after a release or announcement as short-term investors sell off after what they expect to be a peak price.

Long term investors wait things out when they think a company has good long-term potential. Palm went up quite a bit from December on the news of the Pre so it probably attracted a lot of short-term investment.
    Buy on the rumor sell on the event. Short term investing 101.
    With webOS going to the 3 big US carriers as well as foreign, I expect Palm to be a success. Would like to see Palm go a bit higher in quality for hardware in future though.
    I think its time for me to buy some stock then. I would buy apple too if it didn't cost so much.
    I'm waiting for it to pull back a little more before buying again. It just had a ridiculous run up to the release.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It's because the stock went up around 10% when the pre was about to come out and so all the short term investers pulled out making what I can only expect to be a huge profit.
    its up %16 today to $16 bucks!!! a new 52week hi isnt it?
    And to think I talked myself out of buying 1000 shares in early January.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And to think I talked myself out of buying 1000 shares in early January.
    yeh wasnt it like only a $1 or so then? i bought it at 4 bucks
    Wonder where that "criminal" guy is now who keeps saying Palm will fall...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Palm Shares Surge - Bloomberg

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Thanks for the mini stock lesson guys! And man, the stock has had a great run. And i think that Apple's stock is way too high to get in now.
    I just pulled the trigger on selling almost all of my shares that I bought in the beginning of December. I got $16.28 a share and I am really happy since I made 10x my money. I was planning to sell at $15 but it just shot up today. It might go a bit higher but at the end of the day I think it is about a $13-$14 stock until we see their next quarterly report. Then it could be a $25 dollar stock or a $10 stock. It all depends on the financials. All's I know is that if it goes back down to $12 I will buy another 1000 shares. Nothing like gambling.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on selling almost all of my shares that I bought in the beginning of December. I got $16.28 a share and I am really happy since I made 10x my money. I was planning to sell at $15 but it just shot up today. It might go a bit higher but at the end of the day I think it is about a $13-$14 stock until we see their next quarterly report. Then it could be a $25 dollar stock or a $10 stock. It all depends on the financials. All's I know is that if it goes back down to $12 I will buy another 1000 shares. Nothing like gambling.
    Always smart to take profits. I sold some too. I think it'll have to drop a bit before the next run up.
    it's a rollercoaster in the stock world, just be happy that everything has been well received and there are no major issues with the launch
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!