View Poll Results: Are you having problems with your Pre

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's working perfectly!

21 56.76%
  • Yes, I'm having issues and may have to return it.

7 18.92%
  • Yes, but it's not enough to warrent returning it.

9 24.32%
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I haven't gotten mine and I'm getting VERY nervous about all the problems posted on here.
    At the same time, I know people are more likely to post when they have a problem and not when everything's working fine.

I wanted to make this poll so I could get a quick glimpse.
    I just want to see who's Pre is working perfectly and who has problems.
    By problems I DON'T mean missing features and such, I mean issues like the phone shutting down when the slider is closed, light leakage, discoloration, etc...

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Updated to 1.0.2 and it has worked flawlessly since. Only bug that effects me is mp3 streaming is broken. However, Orb works for streaming my radio station.

It still lacks some features that hopefully will be rectified in future updates though.
  3.    #3  
    For those of you that are having issues, would you mind sharing what those issues are?

Thanks!
    No problems here.
    No problems here either, none....

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    **restart required** error message. May have to take phone back into store. Other than that I have had 0 issues

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-required.html
    Last edited by Andries; 06/08/2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added link
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    so far no problems here either.
    I have a very slight light leakage at the bottom of my screen but I only notice it on certain screens if I really try. Trying to decide if it's a big deal to me or not.
    Dead pixel in middle. Nice red color

But i consider the reception a bigger problem and annoying because this was considered a strength based on other sprint handsets.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Dead pixel in middle. Nice red color
    Red is good, that means the pixel is stuck and not dead (yet).
    Sometimes these come back by themeselves, but sometimes they have to be coaxed.

I had two of these "stuck pixels" on my monitor and found some techniques on how to get rid of them.
    They went away and haven't come back yet (it's been about 3 months).

I'm not sure how much we can do on the Pre to losen that pixel up, but hopefully it'll just fix itself.