Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am not getting any notifcations. I have it set but still not getting anything. Anyone else having this problem?
    Try Spaz. I personally think it is a better Twitter program.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    You only get notifications for replies and direct messages. Also, they only come in when the app is closed. Oh yeah, and the server is polled every 15 mins.
    Only notifications you're suppose to get for now is mentions and they come in regularly. I had an issue yesterday where I didn't get one for 7hrs. I Tweet'd to @Tweed and they say it might be a bug. You should report any issues you have to @Tweed they are very responsive. And Spaz has no notifications and is a bit behind Tweed in functionality but I have sent in some bugs to them to help them step up their game.
    The best Twitter App I ever had was on a Nokia E-71 (S60 platform) called Gravity.
  6.    #6  
    Where can I find SPAZ, I don't see it in the list of apps on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by chisolmy View Post
    Where can I find SPAZ, I don't see it in the list of apps on my pre.
    That's because it's not on your Pre until you install it from the app catalog, silly.
  8.    #8  
    Are you talking about the catalog on the phone? it's not in the list to download....at least not in my list.
    Go to the app store, click Most Recent and then just scroll down - its down there!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Just for info's sake:

I know a LOT of people with every kind of phone under the sun who have problems with missed tweet notifications on their phones. All kinds of phones and carriers.

How do I know this? Trent Reznor was doing Twitter contests recently, and he would surprise us fans with Tweets saying the "first five to fill this out...blah blah" would win tickets and backstage passes. So everyone was freaking out about refreshing his Twitter page constantly and having their phones standby for his tweets. Well, there were lots of angry fans whose phones didn't alert them to Trent's tweets.

So yah...it can be an app thing. :/
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Only notifications you're suppose to get for now is mentions and they come in regularly. I had an issue yesterday where I didn't get one for 7hrs. I Tweet'd to @Tweed and they say it might be a bug. You should report any issues you have to @Tweed they are very responsive. And Spaz has no notifications and is a bit behind Tweed in functionality but I have sent in some bugs to them to help them step up their game.
    Not true. Spaz raises notifications from both your main timeline and all search cards. It will not raise notifications from your currently active card, though -- that was a change requested by Palm.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The notifications don't stay at the bottom of the screen tho, so if I'm not watching the screen, I'll miss it.
    Spaz would be nice if there was also an option to see trending topics
    How can you see who is following you with Tweed?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
    The notifications don't stay at the bottom of the screen tho, so if I'm not watching the screen, I'll miss it.
    True. There are two types of notifications: banners (which Spaz uses now) and "notifications." So technically, we use banners, although I'd call them a type of notification.

Depends on your preferences somewhat, but I don't see why there couldn't be an option for either type. If you can file an issue in the issue tracker, that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    Spaz would be nice if there was also an option to see trending topics
    You can do this under "Search and Explore" from the splash screen, but it should be offered from the Search scene as well, i think. It would be handy if you filed an issue on this.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    The update for Spaz makes it much more usable now, I would like to see twitpic integration next! :-)
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Couple things about Spaz that bug me...one two many back gestures and it signs you out it seems. Could that last back gesture just send it to card view rather than log out?

And, I'd go for an option for a bigger font.
    TTFN
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    The update for Spaz makes it much more usable now, I would like to see twitpic integration next! :-)
    I would too! There currently isn't any file upload capability in the APIs, though. When this is fixed, we'll add it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    Couple things about Spaz that bug me...one two many back gestures and it signs you out it seems. Could that last back gesture just send it to card view rather than log out?

And, I'd go for an option for a bigger font.
    Might think about both of those. It will help if you can file issues for these in the issue tracker (see link from Help).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast