Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We need twitpic integration!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I e-mailed them about twitpic integration and they said it might not be in the very next update, but should but very soon after that.
    I'm posting this here because I don't see many other threads for Tweed, but can I just say that the "insert location" feature is really awesome? Love how it automatically links it to a google maps view with tinyurl. I'll be using that like crazy on vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I'm posting this here because I don't see many other threads for Tweed, but can I just say that the "insert location" feature is really awesome? Love how it automatically links it to a google maps view with tinyurl. I'll be using that like crazy on vacation.
    Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool myself.. I've used it a few times too..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun_ryu View Post
    I'm using pixelpipe right now for twitpic. Works great. Just browse to the picture, choose "share via email", send the pic to your pixelpipe email address. Boom done.

You can do so much more with pixelpipe and email too.

www.pixelpipe.com
    I miss twitterberry. A custom sound for notifications, and for timeline changes too not just direct messages, etc. I don't like having one sound for every notification...I can ignore a twitter sound if I'm busy but still would want to check when email comes in...
    Just found the twitter topic trends for spaz in login page under search...very nice.
    Been awhile since the OP posted, but this was the thread on Tweed @ first looking on forums.

Notifications for Tweed work for awhile. I haven't timed it or anything, but you'll continue to get notifications on postings for a bit. After a certain amount of time the notifications stop. You have to turn off and on your Pre to get notifications started up again.

I've tried searching for any other threads or whatnot in where people notice this issue. No joy, I am kinda distracted though with summer classes.

It's not about Tweed, but the AP (news) app does the same thing. You'll get notifications for awhile and then they stop until you reset (as well as a few other problems with their notifications).

Really quite annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun_ryu View Post
    The photo browsing API isn't available to developers at the moment. This is Palm's fault. Currently use TweetPhoto through email. Email special address and write out my tweet in the subject and away it goes.

There's something with the Pre's services system. I've seen more than just Tweed and AP's notifications die. At one point my phone stopped polling GMail for new mail.

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Just found the twitter topic trends for spaz in login page under search...very nice.
    I've discussed with Spaz's developer and he plans to make the other search scene have this and more in the near future.
    More then likely its twitter's servers not being able to handle all of its userbase. They have openly spoken about this.
    I keep getting an error when trying to add new account to tweed. Not sure what exactly I am doing wrong. I already have a twitter account.
    Does anyone else have pretty big problems with performance in Tweed? Most of my other programs work respectably to quite fast on the Pre, but Tweed regularly slows down to a crawl, at times completely freezing my entire phone until I'm able to close the card. It's a shame, because I really like the user interface and location features in Tweed, but it's simply not usable in its current state with the performance problems. I'm not crazy about Spaz, but it at least works without crashing my phone (and now has picture integration to boot).

If Tweed can get twitpic integrated and fix the performance problems though, I'll be happy to switch back over.
    Tweed sends timeline updates to me... dunno how but it does.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I still need help finding the "trending topics" in Spaz. Can you please give me some more specific information on where you're finding this? Thanks.

Disregard. I figured it out now. So, which one does everyone like to use more: Tweed or Spaz? I'm leaning toward Spaz now that I can attach a pic through the app.
    Last edited by coachdvc; 07/12/2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Figured out solution
    Maybe I'm missing something here but how is Tweed better then just using twitter via sms?
    I get my tweets. If I want to search tweets I use the web.

Please tell me what I'm missing.

thanks,
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I've been using Tweed ever since I got my Pre and it's been awesome; no gripes about it really. If I want to Twit a pic I just took with my Pre camera, I just send the pic to my TwitPic email address and it's done.
    I recently switched to Twee and never looked back. It is the best Twitter app for the Pre so far, even better than tweed, sorry. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Mine does this every once in awhile. Try disabling notifications, closing tweed, re-opening, and turning them back on. That usually works for me.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Tweed is the best Twitter app I've ever used, and probably the best app I have on my Pre. Really great work there.
    Try Twee, you will thank me. ii
    You just need to email them asking to be part of the beta. I liked Spaz a bit better than tweed then found Twee, I am not using anything else now and they quickly fixed a few problems I sent a bug report about right from the app.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...er-client.html

Get beta here: http://www.deliciousmorsel.com/app/twee
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast