Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Anyone know if there is a way to transfer files to the Pre wirelessly either via WiFi or bluetooth? I want to be able to quickly transfer a picture or mp3 ringtone to the Pre without having to unhook my touchstone (since it doesn't come with its own cable ).
    I don't but that would be a really nice feature since the plastic usb door is so flimsy the less I have to deal with it the better.
    Ya I was wondering about this yesterday, I hooked up my bluetooth with my laptop but couldn'g send files from my laptop to the Pre, weird they would not include that feature.
    Someone has to get this working soon--I cannot STAND opening that USB door. It's the only real complaint that I have so far. I am hoping that it gets implemented somewhat like this: the Pre turns itself into a fileserver and shares the folder over either a wifi network or a BT personal area network. That way you could browse the phone live while it's sitting in your pocket. It would be so slick, and I think it's do-able. I also believe that it could be done without forcing the phone to go into USB mode.

Having said that, I AM very appreciative of the USB mass storage mode. If you can deal with the fact that your phone will not take calls for a few minutes while you're transferring files, it's awesome to be able to just drag and drop things, or to sync with iTunes.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Completely agreed! I would happily trade not being able to get calls while in this mode. Maybe an app that would invoke wireless USB file storage mode for transferring files, or have it be invoked by the touchstone. The former is a more versatile and cooler solution but I can live with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Someone has to get this working soon--I cannot STAND opening that USB door. It's the only real complaint that I have so far. I am hoping that it gets implemented somewhat like this: the Pre turns itself into a fileserver and shares the folder over either a wifi network or a BT personal area network. That way you could browse the phone live while it's sitting in your pocket. It would be so slick, and I think it's do-able. I also believe that it could be done without forcing the phone to go into USB mode.

Having said that, I AM very appreciative of the USB mass storage mode. If you can deal with the fact that your phone will not take calls for a few minutes while you're transferring files, it's awesome to be able to just drag and drop things, or to sync with iTunes.