Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went on shoutcast.com and I thought when I click on tune in it will just start playing but nope just pops up another web page. Is there any way to listed on online radio?
    I'm sure they are updating all neccessary app, why don't you try Pandora???
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I got mp3 streaming to work but only for about 30 seconds per channel.

Www.radioio.com/io2go

I also got orb to work a couple times in winamp mode but only a couple times.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  5. pru
    I love Pandora, but I don't quite consider it streaming radio. Streaming radio is my local NPR, and that's what I like to listen to on my commute, and what I've been listening to on my commute for a couple of years on my palm treo, with ptunes. My new pre is really cute, but I miss streaming radio.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I got mp3 streaming to work but only for about 30 seconds per channel.

Www.radioio.com/io2go

I also got orb to work a couple times in winamp mode but only a couple times.
    Just go to myorb from the Pre and change your settings to stream 3gp. Orb works flawlessly for me to stream my fav CBS radio station until mp3 streaming is fixed on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Is there any way to listed on online radio?
    Try the Sprint Radio option in the Sprint TV app.
    I'm a big fan of Kinoma and Pocket Tunes, and not having these two working is really disappointing. They don't work in classic and there is nothing on the Pre like them so far. I hope we see these apps working soon.
    I would literally pay for someone to get US Radio Stations - The Stream Center USA - Searchable directory of America's streaming local radio stations. to work on my Pre.
    It's basically links to a ton of radio stations' streaming sites.
    It opens Kinoma in Palm OS (I know most of you already know that) to stream.
    XM/Sirius also needs to get a player or musicdock.com needs to make their stuff compatible.
    I found it works fine streaming from a couple of my favorite sites. It just plays the stream in a browser window. Like if I go to wfmu.org and click on the mp3 stream, I have no issues. Same with dubstep.fm

I think that shoutcast.com changed their page a bit. Last time I was on it made my choose my default player (it was trying to use flash or something I think). Had to change it to work the old way. When I try to change the default player on the Pre however, I can't seem to click the button to make the setting stick.

You can however find your station's home page and they usually have a link somewhere there.
    I'm waiting for a Slacker app, as well as Pockettunes. I did like a lot of their streaming audio on my Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by pru View Post
    I love Pandora, but I don't quite consider it streaming radio. Streaming radio is my local NPR, and that's what I like to listen to on my commute, and what I've been listening to on my commute for a couple of years on my palm treo, with ptunes. My new pre is really cute, but I miss streaming radio.
    I'm the same. I listened on my WM phones and on pTunes when I had a Treo. The problem I've run into is that I can get it to stream but it tries to download the whole thing so it essentially will save forever until I hit play when it will play back the amount that has buffered.

It's capable of connecting so it seems like a tweak is necessary to handle streams properly and not try to cache the whole thing.
    you have to type in shoutcastclassic.com and then hit" tune in" and listen away
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    goto shoutcast.net not .com and tune in...simple!!
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I would literally pay for someone to get US Radio Stations - The Stream Center USA - Searchable directory of America's streaming local radio stations. to work on my Pre.
    It's basically links to a ton of radio stations' streaming sites.
    It opens Kinoma in Palm OS (I know most of you already know that) to stream.
    XM/Sirius also needs to get a player or musicdock.com needs to make their stuff compatible.

I would pay Kinoma $30 bucks for a WebOS compatible app that would solve our dilema with The Stream Center Radio Stations.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I would pay Kinoma $30 bucks for a WebOS compatible app that would solve our dilema with The Stream Center Radio Stations.
    You could pay them a million dollars but until Palm allows audio and video codecs to be added, it is not going to happen yet...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I wish imeem would make an app for the pre...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Hasn't ANYONE here seen the Net2stream paid app ($1.99?) w/nationwide local stations?!?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hasn't ANYONE here seen the Net2stream paid app ($1.99?) w/nationwide local stations?!?
    does this stream WMA radio type?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    does this stream WMA radio type?
    Nope, see my previous post...

Don't get me wrong these shoutcast apps are great but no WMA stations, it's not there fault, though...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast