1.    #1  
    I'm sure this is human error, but I can't figure out the setting to keep email on the Pre after it's been deleted from the server. In other words if I've gotten mail on the phone, then pulled the same mail onto my main computer (which then deletes from server) they disappear from the Pre.

It's sort of the opposite of "delete from server when deleted" from Pre configuration I'm looking for.

Notions?

Thanks!
    I think that only works for POP email accounts. Go into the Email Preference menu, then click on the account name. Make sure it's POP then scroll down until you see an option to delete email from server... And clcick on that to not delete emails from server when you delete from the pre.

What this means though, is that you will have to do your email house cleaning elsewhere in addition to the phone. If you want to delete a message you'll have to delete it twice: once on the pre when you first get it and once on your computer to truly delete it from the server.
    I am not sure why anyone would even want this. If you still want the email on your phoen why wouldn't you want it on the server? Most people want the opposite which is why someone designed the IMAP protocol.

The previous poster is correct though, the POP3 protocol will give you what you want.
  4.    #4  
    In order not to over-fill the server, I prefer to pull it off when I download emails to my main computer.

But I'd like to have the choice of keeping those same emails on the Pre if I happen to download them there first.

It is a POP account, but unfortunately the above fix is not working for me. Still disappearing off the phone after gone from server.

Hm.

Frustrating but I'll keep trying to figure it out.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DelMelo View Post
    In order not to over-fill the server, I prefer to pull it off when I download emails to my main computer.

But I'd like to have the choice of keeping those same emails on the Pre if I happen to download them there first.

It is a POP account, but unfortunately the above fix is not working for me. Still disappearing off the phone after gone from server.

Hm.

Frustrating but I'll keep trying to figure it out.
    i couldn't find a way to keep selected emails on the pre. hopefully a 3rd party app will show up soon with this option. i used chattermail on my treo & it had the option to lock individual emails to prevent them from being deleted when they were cleared from the server. it was handy when i'd get an important email that i'd want to refer to after the default sync time that i had set (usually just a few days).
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2