1.    #1  
    does anyone know what the difference between a bright (white) Ev in the grey box vs. a dark (black) Ev in the grey box mean? i called sprint yesterday and the rep on the phone looked through the guide and couldn't find any references to the different states of the Ev icon.

my guess is that it's probably going back and forth between EVDO Rev. 0 and Rev A but i can't figure out which is which.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Actually, I think that indicates data activity. Every Treo I've owned prior to this one had vertical triple stacked green trianges (1xRTT) or vertical blue single triangles (EVDO) to indicate data activity. The "blinking" EV icon on the Pre is probably the same thing.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same thing.... but I dont think its rev 0 vs rev A since I have 4-5 bars always in my house and it goes back and forth. I was more thinking it was when data was being used it started flipping.
    I'm pretty sure the grayed out EV means your have EVDO signal...

and White EV means your transmitting data over EVDO...
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the grayed out EV means your have EVDO signal...

and White EV means your transmitting data over EVDO...
    Agreed.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm sure this is going to be a stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere: what does the 'H' mean when it appears in the top right corner of the screen?

Thanks,

Elton
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Page 97 of this http://palm.cdnetworks.net/support/w...nt_p100eww.pdf shows what the icons are for..... don't see an "H".
    Yeah, Again, check the manual, that's why it's there, for questions such as these..

Grayed out = Dormant connection (not being used)
    "Colored" = Active connection (being used)
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    Actually, I think that indicates data activity. Every Treo I've owned prior to this one had vertical triple stacked green trianges (1xRTT) or vertical blue single triangles (EVDO) to indicate data activity. The "blinking" EV icon on the Pre is probably the same thing.
    If you just have a 1xRTT connection, the 'EV' icon will change to '1x'... I hate when that happens.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eptiger View Post
    I'm sure this is going to be a stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere: what does the 'H' mean when it appears in the top right corner of the screen?

Thanks,

Elton
    I've never seen an "H" can you post a screenshot of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I've never seen an "H" can you post a screenshot of it?
    maybe an R for roaming?
    Maybe H is for "Holy $%!+ I don't get any data service here!!"
    H is for Hero edition. It only activates when you do somthing really nice for another person. That's why none of us see it.. We're all greedy!
    Huh? Every Treo you've owned prior to THIS one? I thought this was a Pre forum. The Pre is DEFINATELY not a Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    the bright white is data transfer the gray or darker ev is idle or your pre is under government control
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI