1.    #1  
    So, I was testing out ways to answer a phone call. I noticed when the slider is initially closed, and phone call is coming in, you can answer it by opening the slider. BUT, you cannot end the call by closing the slider. It can be ended by touching the end call on the screen. Is this another glitch from Palm? I would like the end calls by closing the slider.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It doesn't sound like a glitch. I'm sure their reasoning is so that if you close it by accident you won't accidently hang up on someone. They should have added an option to toggle this though. I'm sure if it becomes a big enough issue it will show up in a firmware update in the future.
    I like to talk with the Pre closed so having it hang up when closing would be not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgrules View Post
    It doesn't sound like a glitch. I'm sure their reasoning is so that if you close it by accident you won't accidently hang up on someone. They should have added an option to toggle this though. I'm sure if it becomes a big enough issue it will show up in a firmware update in the future.
    Bingo. The end-call-when-slider-closes thing is a big reason why I shunned clamshells. Too easy to hang up on someone by mistake and too awkward to HAVE to hold an open phone to keep it from closing while I use an earpiece.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I thought about having it hang up when the slider is closed, but I prefer it much better when talking on my Pre with the slider closed.

Although, I agree that it should be an option you can set somewhere if you desire.