Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    has anyone else figured out that if the notifications get in your way you can just throw it off the side of your screen like the delete motion. It won't delete the message, it just gives you use of the full screen back!!!
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    yes.
    Agreed.
    I've been using the screen capture shortcuts (Orange+Shift+P and Orange+Sym+P). I was happy to find them listed here. Initially, everything was fine. But now, everytime I do a screen capture, I get two copies of the same screen capture in my screen shots folder. It's really annoying having to go in and delete the duplicate photo everytime. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarios View Post
    I've been using the screen capture shortcuts (Orange+Shift+P and Orange+Sym+P). I was happy to find them listed here. Initially, everything was fine. But now, everytime I do a screen capture, I get two copies of the same screen capture in my screen shots folder. It's really annoying having to go in and delete the duplicate photo everytime. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.
    I just started having the exact same problem. No idea on a solution either.
    well the reason is it makes one jpeg and one png copy why I don't know it just does
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clarios View Post
    One picture is JPEG (*.JPG) file, the other is Portable Network Graphics (*.PNG). Pre was originally showing only JPEGs, but saving in both formats; recent system update made both visible in picture viewer.
    The reason for storing JPEGs is that they are extremely popular, and pretty much any application can handle them. Their major drawback is that they are compressed in a way that destroys some data each time JPEG is saved/re-compressed (if you open and save the same JPEG 10 times, you will notice that the picture starts looking horrible).
    PNG uses compression that does not destroy data, allows transparency and other nice features. Since Pre lets you zoom into areas of the picture while selecting wallpaper or face image for contact manager, it had to save pictures taken by the camera in the format that is not losing data.

If you cannot stand having two copies of screenshots, connect Pre to your computer and delete JPEGs/preserve PNG. That way you will have better copies on the phone.

Any decent picture viewer/editor should be able to save PNG as JPG. The opposite is also true, but no operation will recreate data lost while saving into JPG format
    Last edited by jaroslawk; 10/29/2009 at 05:28 PM.
    for number 16, two quick presses may actually suffice to advance a track.
    There are four lights.
    I'm looking for true easter eggs not short cuts ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm looking for true easter eggs not short cuts ha !

I know! I saw this thread title and got SUPER excited.Thought someone had found an easter egg or taxi after all! Ahhh, I loved those little diddies. However, the information here is very cool and much appreciated. I found a video not too long ago on YT that explained many of these things as well, super cool and thanks all around!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    wow i spent some great time in this throw back thread with my mouth dropped at hash codes the phone app is able to do. among other things i found in this time castles. Great read.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567