Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deck82 View Post
    Just found out there is a contact search in the message app...just start typing the name of someone you already have a thread started with and it will only show that thread instead of scrolling through all of them to find the one you are looking for.

...didnt even know that. thanks. its alot easier.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    love the cursor shortcut
  3.    #103  
    Added tips 18 - 22.

Hopefully the tips presented aren't the too obvious, that's the purpose of this thread
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    This was an article yesterday but should also be here. I checked and didn't see it. Sry in advance if it is... While on the main email screen (where you see favorite folders) type in RocknRollHax Type the caps while holding the shift key. This will give you landscape mode for email reading. You'll need to do it each time you open email (after closing the card but not after minimizing it).
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    This was an article yesterday but should also be here. I checked and didn't see it. Sry in advance if it is... While on the main email screen (where you see favorite folders) type in RocknRollHax Type the caps while holding the shift key. This will give you landscape mode for email reading. You'll need to do it each time you open email (after closing the card but not after minimizing it).
    Strange. I thought this was removed after the 1.0.4 update. I tried it yesterday, and it wasn't working, but it's working today. Thanks.
    Wow, the landscape email mode is working again. I agree with Rhong, thought it was removed after 1.0.4. Cool .
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I too could not get it to work after the 1.0.4 update. It's working now. Too bad the hack can't be made a permanent option. Hopefully Palm will add this in a future update.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I just can not get the RocknRollHax to work dummy me I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    hold down shift for the cap letters. should work for you from there
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I too could not get it to work after the 1.0.4 update. It's working now. Too bad the hack can't be made a permanent option. Hopefully Palm will add this in a future update.
    It is a permanent hack, requires rooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    If you have the screen off and the keyboard out, and need to wake the device - you can use the spacebar to turn it on.
    Or any key...
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Did anyone else have a big grin when buying the Pre and finding out that there was a little mirror behind the top part? Cute!

ETA - Totally using this for lipstick application, not just pictures! Haha!
    I saw it and wondered why it was there (I assumed decoration), then my girlfriend was playing with my phone and saw it and seemed excited by it...guess it's a gender thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    I saw it and wondered why it was there (I assumed decoration), then my girlfriend was playing with my phone and saw it and seemed excited by it...guess it's a gender thing.
    Actually, I can totally see using this in conjunction with the flash light (once we get a flashlight app) to look behind computers and A/V equipment in tight places and see what is plugged in where. Or, to Jame Bond around corners

-Andrew
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    Dude I'm with you, it just will not work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Dude I'm with you, it just will not work for me.
    Didn't work for me at first too. Here's a step by step:
    - swipe away mail app if open
    - open keyboard
    - launch mail app
    - once it's open, type RocknRollHax (remember to HOLD shift key while typing the Cap letters - do NOT press shift key once then letter)
    - DO NOT press anything else (not even enter)
    - turn Pre to landscape and you're good to go!

I haven't really used it much since the font is plenty big when in portrait. But to each his own.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 07/17/2009 at 01:32 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    16. The included headphones can be used to control music. Pressing the button (located on the mic) once will pause the music you're listening to, 3 times will skip to the next song, and I assume you can also answer incoming calls like this.
    You most certainly can answer calls with this button and hitting it while on a call will hang up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    21. Throwing a card towards but not into the gesture area will cause it to bounce. You can play with this if you're easily amused.
    If you throw a card towards the gesture area hard enough it will bounce and then come into focus (full screen) as if you had tapped on it. Very amusing :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    - launch mail app
    - once it's open, type RocknRollHax (remember to HOLD shift key while typing the Cap letters - do NOT press shift key once then letter)
    Not holding shift prevented me from getting this working the first dozen times I tried it. Got so used to hitting shift THEN typing when I'm thumb typing, mostly because of the years I've put into other phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    The mirror is for self-portraits. Remember the teeny tiny convex mirror dot on the Centro and other Treos? Some people -- mostly teenage girls, I suspect -- really like taking self portraits.