Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    In the Dialer app, enter
    ##GPS#
    to find your current latitude, longitude, and altitude, and a few other things.

When you are done, just "throw off" the card to close it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Just found out there is a contact search in the message app...just start typing the name of someone you already have a thread started with and it will only show that thread instead of scrolling through all of them to find the one you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
    In the Dialer app, enter
    ##GPS#

Nice. Just did a search on the forums and found this thread on ## or Hash Codes.
    Okay ... So I thought I found the first Easter Egg, know I don't know if did after reading this thread so far, but I did find one. Some else may have found it before me even. I haven't read about it anywhere yet.

I have to agree that I don't think the Konami Code for developer mode or space bar on the Calc for other functions qualifies as Easter Eggs. Easter Eggs are treats and hidden "shouts". So without further ado ...

Disclaimer, I don't know how to activate this Easter Egg, but it's resulting graphic file is found in the extracted ROM file.

forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/184378-ok-rom-comes-29.html#post1667295

For those lazy bones who don't wish to click the above link ...

1. Unzip the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar file
    2. cd to resources\webOS
    3. Open up Targa image file Disk.tga in a graphic program like Paint.NET, Irfan View, etc.

You then see no-other than Shepard Fairey's "OBEY Giant" of Andre' the Giant.

obeygiant.com
    Google for: Shepard Fairey OBEY

Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
    In the Dialer app, enter
    ##GPS#

it'd be nice if it was auto updating, for geocaching...
  6.    #86  
    The included headphones can be used to control the music and (I'm assuming) to answer phone calls. When listening to music, pressing the button on the mic once will pause the music, and pressing it three times will skip to the next song.
    while watching a video slide your finger on the video itself right t skip forward or left to skip backward.
  8.    #88  
    Ok, updated the first post.
    When typing an email... if you hit "Sym + B" it will make your font bold. "Sym + I" will italicize your font. you can combine these two "Sym + B Sym + I" to have bold italicized font. do not actually type the plus sign... just Sym key and B or I. It doesn't work for underlining...at least i haven't had any luck. as far as i can tell... it is only in emails... not text/google talk...

hopefully someone finds this useful
    wow great!

ok - i'm going nuts -what's the keystroke short cut for cut paste???
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    wow great!

ok - i'm going nuts -what's the keystroke short cut for cut paste???
    place the cursor at the end or beginning of the text you want to copy/cut...

hold on shift and slide your finger to highlight the text you are working with.... when all of the text you want is highlighted release shift key... place one finger in the gesture area and hold it there while you press C to copy or X to cut...

then tap where you want to paste the text (use finger to place cursor or hold on orange key to move cursor on character at a time) once your cursor is where you want to paste... place one finger or thumb in the gesture area and hold it and press V.

donezo

EDIT: Please note that you cannot copy text from a website... however you can use this method to copy/paste a web address
    Last edited by mokash34; 06/15/2009 at 03:26 PM.
    thanks so much - i tried the orange button , shift - just touching the screen - forgot about the gesture area! thanks again!
    Glad I could help
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    When typing an email... if you hit "Sym + B" it will make your font bold. "Sym + I" will italicize your font. you can combine these two "Sym + B Sym + I" to have bold italicized font. do not actually type the plus sign... just Sym key and B or I. It doesn't work for underlining...at least i haven't had any luck. as far as i can tell... it is only in emails... not text/google talk...

hopefully someone finds this useful
    I'll add this to V1.1.

► Sym - B - Press <Sym> and < B > at the same time to paste the text.
    ► Sym - I - Press <Sym> and < I > at the same time to make text highlighted italic.
    Thank you!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 06/16/2009 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    place the cursor at the end or beginning of the text you want to copy/cut...

hold on shift and slide your finger to highlight the text you are working with.... when all of the text you want is highlighted release shift key... place one finger in the gesture area and hold it there while you press C to copy or X to cut...

then tap where you want to paste the text (use finger to place cursor or hold on orange key to move cursor on character at a time) once your cursor is where you want to paste... place one finger or thumb in the gesture area and hold it and press V.
    Thank you. That's 3 more for Version 1.1:
    ► Sym - C - Press <Sym> and < C > at the same time to copy the highlighted text.
    ► Sym - X - Press <Sym> and < X > at the same time to cut the highlighted text.
    ► Sym - V - Press <Sym> and < P > at the same time to paste the text.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 06/16/2009 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I'll add this to V1.1.

► Sym - B - Press <Sym> and < B > at the same time to paste the text.

I think you mean bold instead of paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    9. My Favorite: Typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart while the launcher screen is open, or the home screen (w/o any cards open) will activate developer code. This feature alone is why the Palm Pre > iPhone.
    The old school Nintendo cheat code for Contra!!! Genius!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    An alternate way to dial a speed dial number from Launcher or Card View is to press the orange key followed by the speed dial key, e.g. orange E for voicemail. Your speed dial contact will pop up almost like a search result; you can press enter or tap the contact to dial. This does not work inside the Phone app. This is a handy way to verify your speed dial entry without dialing it.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    In card view if you drag a card down into the gesture area, it grows again. But if you throw it down towards the gesture area, it'll just bounce. Like a rubber ball against oobleck. You can do this over and over again. I am easily entertained.
    Love the tip for the web from the keyboard!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast