Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerfeld View Post
    hold orange in text field and move cursor when sliding finger
    WHOA! Ok... I've been trying to find a way to get the cursor in the right spot with just my finger.. what a pain.. this solves EVERYTHING!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so, the calculator has some interesting features.

it normally looks like this:

press the space bar on the keyboard, and you get this:

also, while in the first mode (for some reason, this does not work when viewing %, sqrt, etc...) you can use the keyboard to enter both numbers and + , -, *, and / . you don't even have to hold the orange key down for it to work. to see the result, press '=' (the P button). for some reason, pressing enter doesn't work.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    so, the calculator has some interesting features.
    Pretty neat, but I'd still prefer just the old Treo calculator app, which had many more features than that.
  4.    #64  
    Ok, I just updated the first post to include what's been posted so far.
    As with many Treos and Centros, you can press the volume down key (on the left side of the Pre) to silence the ringer when a call comes in.
    I agree these aren't really easter eggs, but more like Tips and Tricks. But still cool

Here's one:

When editing text: tap on a word to put the cursor somewhere, anywhere in the word. Hold down the Shift Key and press the Delete key. The entire word is deleted, not just the previous letter.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrajew View Post
    I agree these aren't really easter eggs, but more like Tips and Tricks. But still cool
    Meh, there are a couple easter eggs here (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart), and lots of these are hidden features... considering they're not in the manual.
    Maybe not a "hidden" feature - but it is not worth a whole new thread: Anyone notice that the Calendar App icon in the Launcher updates with Today's date?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I just noticed that about 2 minutes before your post!
    Pretty cool.
    cool!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Maybe not a "hidden" feature - but it is not worth a whole new thread: Anyone notice that the Calendar App icon in the Launcher updates with Today's date?
    I wonder if that requires some sort of background process, or if the Pre just pulls what's on the icon directly from the clock.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    When you're in landscape mode in the web browser, you can use your thumb to do a regular or advanced swipe up or down in the gesture area causing the web browser to do a page down or up. Neato.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    When you're in landscape mode in the web browser, you can use your thumb to do a regular or advanced swipe up or down in the gesture area causing the web browser to do a page down or up. Neato.
    That is nice. I have advanced gestures turned on, so (while in landscape browser mode) I must do a thumb gesture from the center button down, or from the bottom edge of the pre gesture area up to the center button.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I just found this one while typing a text message.

If you press the orange key and then any key, you get that key's symbol. But when you press the orange key twice, you can press as many keys as you want and get all symbols until you are done. To turn it off, press the orange key again. Same for the shift key. Press once, then a key, get one upper-case letter. Press twice, then as many keys in upper-case as you want. To turn off, press the shift key again.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I just found this one while typing a text message.

If you press the orange key and then any key, you get that key's symbol. But when you press the orange key twice, you can press as many keys as you want and get all symbols until you are done. To turn it off, press the orange key again. Same for the shift key. Press once, then a key, get one upper-case letter. Press twice, then as many keys in upper-case as you want. To turn off, press the shift key again.
    You can also hold down the shift/option key and another key at the same time to perform that function. I had a Treo 700p for 2 years I never realized this until typing on the Pre...
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Yah, I know you can hold it down. But if you want to type in all symbols or all caps for a long time, that can suck. Haha.
    Yep. And I knew you could tap and double tap to "lock" those buttons, but never knew about the holding down. haha
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    So what you are saying is, together we make a whole person? LOL!
    Exactly! haha
    In the Dialer app, enter
    ##DATA#
    to get to the version of hardware, firmware, and applications.

When you are done, just "throw off" the card to close it.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast