Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    These are great tips as everyone is being creative and experimenting with the new Pre. But, these are not Easter Eggs.

These are good examples:

"Developer Team Credits"
    Start the Memory App. Place your stylus on the top of the screen, then press down button. You'll see a long list of the names titles "Development Team Credits".

"Flame Movie Credits"
    (Works on most, but not all PalmOS v5 devices.)
    1) Go to Prefs / Power.
    2) Draw a small circle in the bottom-right of screen, above the Calc silk-screened icon. A small Easter Egg will appear.
    3) Tap Home / Menu / Options / About Applications.
    4) Press & hold the Page-Down hardware button while you tap on "OK".
    5) Repeat the previous step 3 times. On the 3rd repeat, hold the Page-Down button down to view the Easter Egg.

What will happen? The screen will turn black, then flames will begin to rise with a message written in the flame.
    ---

The challenge is ON people.
    Who will be FIRST to discover a REAL Easter Egg in WebOS?
    Will it be you? ;-)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    If anybody ever uses their Pre for making phone calls (I know, I'm old fashioned that way) you can just type in the numbers from the keypad and press the return key.
    yes, you can. You can do this from the home screen (universal search..just not actually searching) or you can do it from the phone app.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Finding out? You mean you've probably seen tons of pictures from several months ago, and you did not notice that? Even in videos, they mentioned it. lol.
    Haha. I was mostly reading articles, not really watching too many videos about it, save the CES presentation. And they didn't mention it there.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    try this: close all cards. Then type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart ... You'll see an option for developer mode... Not sure what it's good for but the hackers are hard at work with it... I can't take credit for the discovery... Good ol' Konami code at work...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    If you have the screen off and the keyboard out, and need to wake the device - you can use the spacebar to turn it on.
    You can use any key to wake it up, not just the spacebar.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    can you elaborate on this... i can't figure out how you did that-- when do you select those keystrokes?
    The timestamp of the cards are not the same :P
    Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    try this: close all cards. Then type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart ... You'll see an option for developer mode... Not sure what it's good for but the hackers are hard at work with it... I can't take credit for the discovery... Good ol' Konami code at work...
    I'd suggest not actually testing this one just to prove it works, unless you know what you're doing.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notell2 View Post
    The timestamp of the cards are not the same :P
    well of course they aren't. I'm not superman fast. time rolled by as i was taking screenshot after screenshot :P
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    okay. I officially love palm now
    Wow... LMAO
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    This post is useless without Pics!
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    This post is useless without Pics!
    how about an engadget writeup and a video
    The secret to Palm Pre dev mode lies in the Konami code
    Yeah.... It most definitely works... I tried it on the wife's Pre.... Highly entertaining.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    If you look in the WebOS development section, the Konami code is important to hacking the phone. I'm guessing tethering is not to far out!

EDIT: There is actually tethering code in the phone! Other things - references to two more devices using this OS, code for other carriers including....GSM, etc. Right now, people have just played with ring cadences, camera timer, etc.
    Last edited by bgriffin1497; 06/10/2009 at 08:50 AM.
    This appears to be just some kind of access for programmers, and not an Easter Egg.

Who will be first claim this prize?
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerfeld View Post
    hold orange in text field and move cursor when sliding finger
    I'm able to move the cursor without holding the orange button. The only difference is that when orange is held, the cursor changes but has the same functionality -moving around the text field.

If I hold down shift, however, I'm able to select the text for copying/cut.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    If that's how you get into developer mode, then how on earth do I get into GOD MODE?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    God mode = upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbaSELECTstart ... 2 player cheating, one for you, one for GOD
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yeah, but have you found the cheese slicer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerfeld View Post
    hold orange in text field and move cursor when sliding finger
    omg it's that simple? yeah i've been tapping like a monkey working on a typewriter trying to get the cursor in the right place....

ever try to get the cursor between a l and an i by tapping? yeah not fun.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast