Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    You're welcome!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Tap the power button twice to ignore an incoming call without unlocking the phone. First tap silences the ringer, second tap ignores.
    You can press the spacebar while in the camera app to snap a pic its easier then trying to line up a pic and hit the green on screen button
    This thread is awesome. That moving the cursor thing was so frustrating. Now if we could only find a way to get predictive text in the messaging app I would be all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    You can press the spacebar while in the camera app to snap a pic its easier then trying to line up a pic and hit the green on screen button
    Oh yes! Thank you for this one. I was not enjoying aiming my finger for the little green button on screen while trying to line up a shot.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Did anyone else have a big grin when buying the Pre and finding out that there was a little mirror behind the top part? Cute!

ETA - Totally using this for lipstick application, not just pictures! Haha!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Great info here - keep it coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Did anyone else have a big grin when buying the Pre and finding out that there was a little mirror behind the top part? Cute!

ETA - Totally using this for lipstick application, not just pictures! Haha!
    Finding out? You mean you've probably seen tons of pictures from several months ago, and you did not notice that? Even in videos, they mentioned it. lol.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    If you want to make alarm MP3s available to the alarm clock but don't want to drop them in the ringtones folder, you can create an /alarms root folder and put them there. To select one of these MP3s from the alarm clock, go to the ringtone selection screen for an alarm and then click on the icon you see on the lower-left.

I discovered this by accident, thinking I was just better organizing the USB drive data.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    If you want to make alarm MP3s available to the alarm clock but don't want to drop them in the ringtones folder, you can create an /alarms root folder and put them there. To select one of these MP3s from the alarm clock, go to the ringtone selection screen for an alarm and then click on the icon you see on the lower-left.

I discovered this by accident, thinking I was just better organizing the USB drive data.
    This is brilliant... why didn't palm include it from the get-go?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    This is brilliant... why didn't palm include it from the get-go?
    Wonder if this works for messaging as well?
    Who cares about these easter eggs, where's the taxi?
    Good stuff. Keep it coming
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I have created a wiki, to help organize a lot of the info surrounding the pre.

it's very bare right now, so if someone would like to take some charge and clean it up that would be great! (for example, go ahead and make sure everything in this thread is on the wiki)

palmpre - home
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Tap the power button twice to ignore an incoming call without unlocking the phone. First tap silences the ringer, second tap ignores.
    Nice! this is something that isn't in the manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    If you have the screen off and the keyboard out, and need to wake the device - you can use the spacebar to turn it on.
    Actually, any button on the keyboard will wake up the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    can you elaborate on this... i can't figure out how you did that-- when do you select those keystrokes?
    Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    If you have the screen off and the keyboard out, and need to wake the device - you can use the spacebar to turn it on.
    Gracias. This was kickin' my arse.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    If anybody ever uses their Pre for making phone calls (I know, I'm old fashioned that way) you can just type in the numbers from the keypad and press the return key.
    this is the best thread ever!!!!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast