Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Is anyone else noticing that when you are cradling the Pre on your shoulder and your cheek or mouth rubs up against the area where the voice receptor is (I don't know what's that's called - it's the little hole your voice goes into. Haha.), that it creates a lot of static on the phone that you and the other caller can hear?

Annoying.

Maybe it's just me?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Is anyone else noticing that when you are cradling the Pre on your shoulder and your cheek or mouth rubs up against the area where the voice receptor is (I don't know what's that's called - it's the little hole your voice goes into. Haha.), that it creates a lot of static on the phone that you and the other caller can hear?

Annoying.

Maybe it's just me?
    this is fairly standard on any phone. (it's called the microphone, or mic for short)

you're rubbing the mic, which makes a lot of noise.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I wanted to call it a microphone, btw, but didn't know if people would think I had someone how plugged a mic into the phone. LOL!

This didn't happen on any of my previous phones, but they were all "dumb" phones. The Pre is my first smart phone. Do you think this makes a difference?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    well, I was just speaking from experience. whenever i touch or play with the mic on any phone it makes lots of strange noises. I find it odd that you hadn't noticed anything like that before.

some phones might not play your own voice through the speaker, and thus you wouldn't hear the fuzz, only the person you were talking to would. many phones do play your own voice through the speaker, so that way you hear yourself better, as strange as that sounds...
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    That makes perfect sense about it playing my own voice back to me.

Yah, like I've said, all of my "dumb" phones never had this problem. Maybe it was a less-sophisticated mic, and that's why. I have no idea.

It's kind of annoying, but then I remembered that in some instances, I could just put the Pre on speaker. Haha.

Can you tell I had my last phone for over 2.5 years? I didn't trade it in half a year ago when I could (for the $150 trade in value) cause I was waiting for the Pre. My phone was a very old model.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    oh it's fine. My previous phone was just as old.. and I still love it to death

It will take me some time to get used to this phone, and hopefully the quirks get ironed out.