1.    #1  
    In my brief experience (the last two days) with the Pre, I have found it to be a fantastic phone, which is at the very least on par with the iPhone, but that isn't good enough to be an iPhone "Killer." (I really hate that term, it's so cliche, and only gives those Apple fanboys an even greater sense of superiority.) Even just being a bit better than the iPhone is not good enough though. Apple already has an excellent reputation with the public and a following that alone could support them. In my opinion, Palm has to advertise the Pre and make it better than the iPhone.

There are a few things that the Pre needs to compete:

1. A virtual keyboard - The Pre's keyboard is small, and rather a turn-off. A larger keyboard is necessary to attract those with bigger thumbs.

2. Apps - The store is is useless right now. Palm needs to release the SDK now, so the store can start growing while the Pre is still new and on peoples' minds. More specifically, the Pre needs multiplayer apps. From my own experience, this is how the iPhone became so popular. When two people can use the same phone at once and play games together, it forces a new person to see the phone and think, "Wow, this is great. I want one."

3. Advertising - The Pre needs more advertising, and not that crap that we have seen so far. The ads should not be symbolic, they just need to be functional. They should show the unique features of the phone, and how it is easy to use.

That's just my opinion, I'd love to hear everyone else sound off.
    I agree. I hope they (palm) are able to counter what Apple announces in the next several days

-
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I actually hope they play to the strengths of the phone rather than just copy every iPhone feature. Improve what is there and add additional stuff.

I would image a virtual keyboard should happen if enough people ask (easy enough to implement).
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    I actually hope they play to the strengths of the phone rather than just copy every iPhone feature. Improve what is there and add additional stuff.

I would image a virtual keyboard should happen if enough people ask (easy enough to implement).
    I agree.
    The Pre need to position itself as the ultimate anti-iphone not try to be a "better" iphone.