1.    #1  
    My wife's instinct is trying to send contacts to my pre but it fails every time even though the devices are paired? Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the pre lacks the 'object push' bluetooth profile, which is used to send contacts.

I know, it sucks.

I really liked being able to send my pictures to my PC really fast without having to email them to myself.. hopefully they update the pre's firmware to include this.
    Is there any way to get my Instinct contacts on my Pre?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    cellebrite...its magic
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    cellebrite...its magic
    Elaborate lol
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I had an instinct and switched to pre. For future reference whenever you are switching phones, you can always get the store to switch your contacts instore (real fast and easy). You actually might be able to swing on over to the store and have it done free still. If not did you use mobile sync? If you did use mobile sync then you can get file off the sprint website and upload it to your palm profile. I recommend the 1st option since its the fastest. (5 min wait at the store)
    LOL....already went through and did it manually. Should have thought about the Mobile Sync option!

Question though, my phone has a leaky screen. If I set up everything now with the contacts and all of that, it gets backed up to the Palm profile, right? So when I get a new phone, I can just re-acquire all my contact info?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    LOL....already went through and did it manually. Should have thought about the Mobile Sync option!

Question though, my phone has a leaky screen. If I set up everything now with the contacts and all of that, it gets backed up to the Palm profile, right? So when I get a new phone, I can just re-acquire all my contact info?
    When you activate the new Pre, it will use your Palm Profile to restore all the data from your old Pre, right up to your last backup. And since the backup is automated and scheduled every day, you're not going to miss more than a day's worth of data.
    Verizon
    Awesome. I asked it in a new thread too just in case this thread got quickly buried....I suppose they can lock/delete that one.

Thanks dude!
    I went to the store and it took less than 5min for them to move my contacts from my Instinct.
    Where is your stuff backed up to in Palm Profile. I can't find address or any files?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Elaborate lol
    Cellebrite is the machine Sprint stores will use to transfer your contacts.