Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I personally really miss (from Blazer!!!) the automatic reflowing of text in a column so that it is all visible. On some sites, the font is small when focused on a single column of text, so I have to zoom in a bit for it to be legible, and then I'm scrolling back and forth. That's not good. But in fairness, it's not too frequently that I have to do that.

I should also say that I'm not having any trouble clicking links. The visual feedback when you tap really helps me.
    If you double tap on the text you are trying to read it will zoom and format the text for your screen. Works great in landscape mode.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I have noticed the double-tap issue if there are a number of apps running or if its a really complex website... seems to only do it when its being pushed pretty hard. Maybe I haven't used the iPhone or iPod Touch as much as some others, but I have spent several hours with the Touch and a couple with an iPhone and it seems to me the Pre goes to the link I intended more often than mobile Safari. I have been spending a lot of time with it though so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Text entry is really difficult since you have to scroll back and forth to enter text. The iPhone (3.0 at least) has a newer version of Webkit and also supports HTML5, but I have noticed some sites have issues with the Pre that the iPhone and Android handle just fine. One of the nice things about the iPhone is that you can hold your finger on a link to make sure you get the right one via popup, it would be nice if they add that.

Main thing for me is that it's hard to read pages with lots of text because of the way it doesn't wrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili View Post
    where the hell is the automatic text wrap...
    I want to know too
    With all the little features that are kind of missing with the browser and webOS in general we all know there will be lots of updates down the road. A thought just crossed my mind though... I sure hope they don't charge us for major updates! That would be like a swift kick in the balls for early adopters paying twice what an iPhone 3G costs (since those are at $99 now).
    Quote Originally Posted by examancer View Post
    With all the little features that are kind of missing with the browser and webOS in general we all know there will be lots of updates down the road. A thought just crossed my mind though... I sure hope they don't charge us for major updates! That would be like a swift kick in the balls for early adopters paying twice what an iPhone 3G costs (since those are at $99 now).
    Hopefully updates are frequent and plentiful. I would rather keep getting a few features at a time than wait long periods of time between updates. Many people complained about all the iPhone x.x.x releases, but I was happy for the updates. I'm gonna use this 30 days to see how much improvement I see to decide if I'm gonna keep this device.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Hopefully updates are frequent and plentiful. I would rather keep getting a few features at a time than wait long periods of time between updates. Many people complained about all the iPhone x.x.x releases, but I was happy for the updates. I'm gonna use this 30 days to see how much improvement I see to decide if I'm gonna keep this device.
    I agree 100%. I would be elated if Palm pushed out updates every week (or even more often) for the first few months.
    There's a lot of optimism around Palm providing early and frequent bug fixes. Let's hope that's not misplaced. There's been nothing from Palm in the way of promises or plans that would indicate how they'll handle this.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #29  
    I have noticed the double-tap issue if there are a number of apps running or if its a really complex website... seems to only do it when its being pushed pretty hard. Maybe I haven't used the iPhone or iPod Touch as much as some others, but I have spent several hours with the Touch and a couple with an iPhone and it seems to me the Pre goes to the link I intended more often than mobile Safari. I have been spending a lot of time with it though so maybe that has something to do with it.
    i think you're right about the load on the cpu. when it's a complex site, like ign.com (which is slow even on desktop), it seems to not handle things very well. and if you have a bunch of cards, it can't handle it either. i love multi-tasking, but i can at least understand why apple didn't want this type of experience on their hardware. but i like palm letting me make the decision myself rather than limit me two a single app.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The Pre's web browser definitely needs some polish... I'm just too used to the ease of use on my iPhone 3G, particularly being able to scroll to the top with one click at the top of the screen. Browsing the mobile version of PreCentral's forums on the Pre itself, I wear out my finger scrolling up & down too much, and more often than not, find myself clicking on the wrong thing. LOL
  11.    #31  
    i can't imagine they would. i mean iphone gets a free updates. it's only the touch that cost money. i'm guessing the network subsidizes some of the cost?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    The Pre's web browser definitely needs some polish... I'm just too used to the ease of use on my iPhone 3G, particularly being able to scroll to the top with one click at the top of the screen. Browsing the mobile version of PreCentral's forums on the Pre itself, I wear out my finger scrolling up & down too much. LOL
    yep, i would like that feature as well. pre's browser is great, but it's just lacking in the details department. i dont know if the 1st gen iphone browser had a the little features i'm used to now, but i truly had hoped the pre's browser had done everything it could do (in one way or another, not saying the exact way) and then some, but unfortunately, it's just faster, and that may not be true anymore with the 3gs.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I have to agree. There are some websites that render perfectly on the iPhone that don't render completely or work correctly on the Pre.
    which ones ? can you name one ?
    I am curious to try it on my pre.
    For me all the websites that i go to render just fine.
    Google Reader for me. I use it all day everyday so its a pretty big deal that it work flawlessly for me.
  15.    #35  
    Another browser feature apple got right is when there is a embedded youtube video it shows a placeholder image. When you click on the image it opens the video in the youtube app. Wish pre's browser could do that.
    Anyone have an issue scrolling where scrolling down it'll shift a little to the left in landscape? This happens to me once in a while when I'm on these forums. I doubletap to zoom fit to the message field and scrolling down the thread it'll shift a little to the left while scrolling down, not always but sometimes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12