1.    #1  
    when the pre is in sleep mode is there any way to get some sort of notification of a missed call/text/voicemail? like a flashing light or something? it is impossible to know if i missed anything without opening the phone. i already missed a couple of texts i had no idea about until i randomly opened the phone. its my only real beef with the phone, having to constantly open it just to make sure i didnt miss anything.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    You can push the power button on the top of the phone and it will wake up the screen to show any notifications you may have. You drag the unlock symbol upwards to unlock the screen. Unfortunately, there is no flashing light but it should vibrate and play a short blip when you get a notification.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I completely agree about it being the only major complaint about the phone. All of the other minor complaints aren't really going to get in the way of my daily activities. but having no idea if i've missed a message, or voicemail, is unacceptable. (and a blinking light is not enough)

every phone i've had will always beep and/or vibrate until you dismiss the fact you have received a voicemail/text. this is the only way that I know i've received anything. I very very often miss the frist beep/vibrate, and I rely on continuous notifications. I cant sit and check the pre every 5 minutes.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    You can push the power button on the top of the phone and it will wake up the screen to show any notifications you may have. You drag the unlock symbol upwards to unlock the screen. Unfortunately, there is no flashing light but it should vibrate and play a short blip when you get a notification.
    yea i know about this. but its basically a guessing game. i dont really want to turn on my phone randomly to see if i missed anything. my old phone (katana) would flash a red light when it was in "sleep" mode. i couldnt care less about any of the other small problems people are having, but this is like basic cell phone 101.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    i couldnt care less about any of the other small problems people are having, but this is like basic cell phone 101.
    Well that is a bit selfish don't you think?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Of course, having the option for either is best.

But if not given the option, I MAJORLY prefer no continuous notifications over an annoying beep or a flashing light. If I'm away from my phone, I check to see what I missed. If I'm busy and just don't feel like messing with it at the moment, I don't want some beep every few minutes, and I HATE when officemates leave their phones around when they're gone and their continuous notifications keep going off for an hour. I'm a polite person, I don't mess with other people's stuff on their desks, but dang I wish continuous notifications would such the heck up. A flashing light is not a big deal, that would be fine, but no noise is what I prefer for me, and what I ESPECIALLY prefer is you leave your phone unattended around me when I'm trying to get stuff done.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Well that is a bit selfish don't you think?
    well people *****ing about not seeing smilies are just trying too hard to find something to complain about.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Of course, having the option for either is best.

But if not given the option, I MAJORLY prefer no continuous notifications over an annoying beep or a flashing light. If I'm away from my phone, I check to see what I missed. If I'm busy and just don't feel like messing with it at the moment, I don't want some beep every few minutes, and I HATE when officemates leave their phones around when they're gone and their continuous notifications keep going off for an hour. I'm a polite person, I don't mess with other people's stuff on their desks, but dang I wish continuous notifications would such the heck up. A flashing light is not a big deal, that would be fine, but no noise is what I prefer for me, and what I ESPECIALLY prefer is you leave your phone unattended around me when I'm trying to get stuff done.
    doesnt need to be a beep every few minutes. they could have easily made the LED home button (or whatever its called) just light up or something.
    I hope there is an "app" or something where you can set up profiles for different messages...rings, vibrates, alerts etc...Blackberry did a great job with this so hopefully someone takes a page from their book and applies it to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    well people *****ing about not seeing smilies are just trying too hard to find something to complain about.
    There are a lot of more serious issues with this phone than lack of smilies. And the fact that something isn't important to you doesn't mean it's not important.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.