1.    #1  
    Sometimes "Ev" or "1x" shows up, that's all I've seen so far. What else is there and what does it stand for?

Thanks
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Sometimes "Ev" or "1x" shows up, that's all I've seen so far. What else is there and what does it stand for?

Thanks
    EV = EVDO...aka 3G
    1x = Roaming.
    Ev - EVDO. It means you are in an EVDO area and can get the fastest internet when using data.

1x - Means you are only getting reception that allows voice calls or really slow data.

R - Roaming.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I get roaming a lot on my Pre. It's ridiculous, on my Blackberry Curve I not once got a roaming icon or notification, I could use my phone under my desk in class and still have enough reception to send texts, make calls, and surf the web. I can't even be under a roof without roaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadakar View Post
    I get roaming a lot on my Pre. It's ridiculous, on my Blackberry Curve I not once got a roaming icon or notification, I could use my phone under my desk in class and still have enough reception to send texts, make calls, and surf the web. I can't even be under a roof without roaming.
    I'm actaully kinda thinking sprint might be a bit overloaded this weekend.

Try turning off roaming and see if it is better.
    I've been roaming alot also which has been a slight annoyance to me as I left sprint about 3 years ago for the same issue (terrible coverage). I was hoping that things would've gotten better over the years but sadly sseems it hasn't. Good thing is I have WiFi so data is nice and fast but calling on the thing has been pretty bad. I'm roaming in a place where in comparison my iphone 3g gets 5 strong bars.

I'm hoping that Sprint can come through this time, c'mon sprint give me better coverage in the Lithonia Georgia AREA PLEASE
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Where do I go to turn off roaming? ;o
    I have this other icon next to the evdo icon just to the left there is a grid of 3x3 dots with phone on it. At first I thought it was a new voicemail but I checked nothing new
    If you guys have wifi but still poor voice quality in the house, consider the Airave, I have it and its great, I got mine for free with no monthly cost. For those who dont know what the Airave is it is in Layman's terms a mini cell tower that pushes your Cell voice through your High Speed internet connection creating a VoIP to Sprint. and Giving you amazing signal throughout your household
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
    guy at the sprint store told me 1x was 3g... gotta love the under paid retail workers!!

oh and why do you care if you are roaming or not?? it is free on all their plans now. phone and data.
    Quote Originally Posted by pohlcat01 View Post

oh and why do you care if you are roaming or not?? it is free on all their plans now. phone and data.
    They SAY its free, and it is, but if your roaming is consistently above a certain percentage of your calls they will say something. They've cancelled accounts in the past, tho I'm not 100% sure if they still practice this.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadakar View Post
    Where do I go to turn off roaming? ;o
    Phone prefs...choose sprint network only.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.