Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Can Palm Pre spell check emails?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    The only spell check available is the one built into the phone. Unfortunately, it's not very comprehensive and will only do more common spelling mistakes like "i" or punctuation. Hopefully Palm will improve this feature in later updates.
    So, the answer is no, there is no comprehensive spell check for emails. There is a very basic word replace, so that if you type "u" it is replaced with you and as the previous post mentioned, it will correct capitalization. In my opinion, this is a significant missing feature. I have always appreciated the spell check on other phones. When you're typing on small keyboards or on-screen keyboards, I'm prone to more mistakes, so the spell check can save me. I don't care nearly as much in text messages to a friend. In that same line of thought, I have read complaints about aggressive spell checking in text messages, particularly when using slang or abbreviations. No matter how you argue it, spell checking is on most every other smart phone on the market. For me, I miss having this simple feature which I had come to consider "basic". That is, until I bought the Pre. My only hope is for a software update to add this feature, and soon please!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I agree.

But then again, I find that without spell checking, you become more conscious and aware of how you type and spell words. Therefore with time, you become your own mean and lean spell check machine. So it's a trade off.

Palm should let us have the option to enable or disable spell check, yeah?
    I wood totlly dsable spellchek.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Here's a workaround.

Copy the text of your email and go to m.spellboy.com or spellcheck.net. Paste your text there, perform the spell check, and then copy the new email text over the old.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    Here's a workaround.

Copy the text of your email and go to m.spellboy.com or spellcheck.net. Paste your text there, perform the spell check, and then copy the new email text over the old.
    Really? I mean, really?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatwouldjamesdo View Post
    I wood totlly dsable spellchek.
    With time.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    i downt nead spel chek anyweigh

-sent from palm pre