1.    #1  
    okay, i forget who, but i think it was in the how to thread.

how do you pause a number when dialing on the pre, like when you want to dial a number, and then a pin of something.

anyhow commas dont work. when you put them into the pre deletes. maybe there is another work around, but i found this one.

put the letter p between the number and the pin (12125555555p5555). it wont automatically dial the number, but it will give you the option to dial them.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    how do you pause a number when dialing on the pre, like when you want to dial a number, and then a pin of something.
    "t" is for a Timed Pause of about 1 second, so use "ttt" to allow the other phone to answer before your PIN gets sent.

"p" is for a Hard Pause. The Pre will wait for you to touch the word "Dial" on the screen showing the digits it will dial next. You only need one "p" at a time, but a phone number can have multiple "p"s in it. For example, 10 digit number for conference line, "p", 7 digit number to identify your bridge, "p" 5 digit number password.

Palm has stated (in another forum) this will be published in the next version of the user guide and on the Pre itself.
    very helpful! now i can check my voice mail without pulling over while driving! had 21 digits to input!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KCjoe View Post
    "t" is for a Timed Pause of about 1 second, so use "ttt" to allow the other phone to answer before your PIN gets sent.

"p" is for a Hard Pause. The Pre will wait for you to touch the word "Dial" on the screen showing the digits it will dial next. You only need one "p" at a time, but a phone number can have multiple "p"s in it. For example, 10 digit number for conference line, "p", 7 digit number to identify your bridge, "p" 5 digit number password.

Palm has stated (in another forum) this will be published in the next version of the user guide and on the Pre itself.
    Thanks for this -- good info to know.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Wow very cool. Have you always been able to do this on old treo's?
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Just a quick note the "p" for pause and "t" for delay have to be lower case.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    The SDK says this for the phone API:

On CDMA, t pauses for 2.5 seconds before sending the DTMF tones following it; p waits for the user to tap a button before sending the tones. For example,

tel://4155554242t23p99

will dial 415-555-4242, pause for 2.5 seconds, send the DTMF tones 2-3, wait for the user to tap the screen, then send 9-9.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I actually had to use a t, t, t, to get a pause.
    I had to use 6 t's after my banks # before it would catch my "pressing 1" to get my account balance. One t worked after that, then account number, then another t, then pass code.

Thanks. Searched for this.

[EDIT]

Just a note that if you hit redial in the phone app of a number with a string, it doesn't dial the string the second time. That's what happened to me anyway with my 6 t's after the main number. It was repeatable.
    Last edited by galavanter; 06/11/2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Trying this on Pre 2.
    I type the lower case t in a contact but the dialer changes this in T and no DTMF is ever sent.
    Any idea?
    tx
    Someone should sticky this.

Or at the very least, Precentral should write an article about it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

it's different for cdma than it is for gsm.
    I tried to type a 'p' in the contacts, but it does not allow to tpye p.

'P' is working but the dialer just dismiss it.