Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Ok, so I went to the ReadyNow session Sprint was holding in our area tonight. It was pretty neat, there were a few of the advocates, store managers, and a rep from Palm there to help out people with their new Pre.

Anyway, the gf and I were chit chatting with one of the store managers. I guess he was saying that many of the people/companies that signed up for the SDK on palm's website were just given it a few weeks ago. He said one of his employees has made some apps for the iphone in the past, and he just got the Pre SDK 2 weeks ago. So he says a lot of the people/companies that have made stuff for the iphone have the Pre SDK now and are in the process of porting their programs.

So I would expect since many developers have only had the SDK for a few weeks, we should be seeing a lot of apps in the coming month or so.
    I just really hope they keep the prices reasonable. It seems the average iPhone app is $5. I would hate to pay 10-20 for the same thing.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I just really hope they keep the prices reasonable. It seems the average iPhone app is $5. I would hate to pay 10-20 for the same thing.
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see how they do the pay system. Everything is currently free, and I thought the manual talked about having to go to the third-parties site to purchase apps.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'll be very interested to see how the App Catalog develops in the coming months. I'm hoping to see more than just iPhone app ports, though those will be appreciated as well. It would be nice to have somewhere to triangulate that kind of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see how they do the pay system. Everything is currently free, and I thought the manual talked about having to go to the third-parties site to purchase apps.
    I know to buy Classic you have to go through MotionApps website. I hope that Palm in the future creates a purchasing system. It will come in handy when there are thousands of apps (Optimism here). It would be quite a pain to have to be re-directed every time you want to buy an app.

Edit: I actually emailed an iPhone dev about one of his apps and he said he was watching the Pre/webOS very carefully and if ithe platform takes off, he will make his apps for the Pre.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.