Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    My wife's keyboard just randomly stopped working today. I checked it out too, so I know that it wasn't user error. Removed the battery and everything. I then had her do a manual backup, in case she's made any changes today, and had her perform a complete wipe. No dice. I was pretty pissed, because I knew that she probably wouldn't get a replacement for a while and I would have had to hear her complain every day until she got one.

She brought it back to the Sprint store, they ran "diagnostics" and said that it was fine...and it was. Trust me, I'm in tech support and I tend to discredit people regularly, when they tell me something doesn't work and it does. It was definitely not working.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, after she did the wipe and rebooted the device, it automatically restored all of her data from the cloud upon boot. Very cool.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Just happened to me... so I yanked the battery (oh noes!) and it's fine now.

I also let the battery drain last night and it shut down on me with the Battery Icon (!) and started charging it. This morning when I woke up, it was still there and no response from slider/keyboard so a battery yank fixed that too (double oh noes).

This device is starting to irk me a tad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Just happened to me... so I yanked the battery (oh noes!) and it's fine now.

I also let the battery drain last night and it shut down on me with the Battery Icon (!) and started charging it. This morning when I woke up, it was still there and no response from slider/keyboard so a battery yank fixed that too (double oh noes).

This device is starting to irk me a tad...
    I have the same problem, if I take the battery out and put it back in and turn it on it works again. Turning the pre off and on alone doesn't fix the keyboard.

Anyone have any ideas? I have a bunch of patches installed via preware, and a number of homebrew apps, but I don't know where to start figuring out if any of these are causing the problem.
    This happened to me, but taking the battery out didn't fix it. I took it to the Sprint store and they put in a new battery...it's been fine every since.
    This happened to me on my replacement phone that was a refurb. It would start working after a reset then I would go back to it later and the keyboard was messed up again. I had them replace it for me and they sent me a brand new one that has been awesome. If it keeps happening then tell them again at your closest repair center.

They will get it solved. Also, since you have already been there just tell them that it's the same problem and they won't go through the same issue again. I went to them first and we did a hard reset and it worked again so I thought the problem was fixed. Discovered it happened again and again and they knew i walked in already so they just dealt with it by overnighting me a new phone.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Yanking the battery is the way to fix this problem. I just had it happen to me and it is fine now.
    Thanks, pulling the battery worked.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    mine did this today. pulling the battery remedied the situation. thanks for hte tip guys
    this happened to me for the first time two days ago and then again today. pulling the battery did work but that's a pain iwth the case - those clips are going to break. anyone call sprint on this?
    I went to the Sprint store with this issue last week. Left the phone and came back later to pick it up. They claim that they reattached a loose ribbon cable.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic