1.    #1  
    Could someone please point to the proof that the missing features, functionality, and bug fixes are actually "coming soon"? Also, define what does "soon" mean?

I am still very interested in the Pre, but if its 3-6 months for all these issues, that's longer than I want to wait.

Thanks!
    No one knows how soon, but the bugs will be fixed with OTA updates, as that's how it works and what Palm has said, that they plan to support the phone with ota updates.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I would guess monthly or bi-monthly updates to fix bugs and every 6 months or so add new features. We know already that they have flash coming as part of the fall update.
    Advertising is supposed to start up pretty majorly in two weeks... With that being the case I'd bet there's going to be one or two major bugfix updates by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Could someone please point to the proof that the missing features, functionality, and bug fixes are actually "coming soon"? Also, define what does "soon" mean?

I am still very interested in the Pre, but if its 3-6 months for all these issues, that's longer than I want to wait.

Thanks!
    It may be 3-6 months, just don't go over your 30 days so you can return it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Well for starters you can't believe everything you read here. If you have not tried the device yet yourself you can not say that there are deal braking bugs. Here most people just like to *****. Its been that way with every roll out since the Treo 300. I am very happy with my Pre. My device is awesome. There are couple of minor software things that could be better and I sure they will be fixed. But even if they were not I would still keep it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    well for starters you can't believe everything you read here. If you have not tried the device yet yourself you can not say that there are deal braking bugs. Here most people just like to *****. Its been that way with every roll out since the treo 300. I am very happy with my pre. My device is awesome. There are couple of minor software things that could be better and i sure they will be fixed. But even if they were not i would still keep it.
    agreed!!!
    Well... I called my local Sprint Store guy and he said "................
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    Well... I called my local Sprint Store guy and he said "................
    lol

The vibe I'm getting from Palm is within a month, max.
    Palm is not going to launch a new phone and a new OS to only not take care of it at launch.

Patience.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Especially with a new iphone coming out in a couple of weeks most likely. If you don't see some good changes coming in within 30 days though, that is another story.