Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does the app have to be open for the notifications to come?
    No. You just have to put a due date for thetask
  3.    #3  
    Can anyone confirm that?

Both today and yesterday the notification didnt come in until I opened the task app.
    I am on Exchange and mine came through w/o having the app open. Also, the reminder time worked even though it did not seem "attached" to the task on the Pre.

EDIT - the reminder time DID NOT WORK because I forgot that I also set a calendar event for the task so that I would get a reminder.
    Last edited by bubbatex; 06/09/2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Update
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Can anyone confirm that?

Both today and yesterday the notification didnt come in until I opened the task app.
    With a due date you get a reminder... its that simple.
    but you don't get to pick a time for the reminder, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Correct - by DAY/DATE

Quote Originally Posted by cpsilo1 View Post
    but you don't get to pick a time for the reminder, correct?
    Correct - as per above - a task with a reminder for 6/10 will work, but not a Task with a reminder for 6/10 @ 8:30AM. And you do not have the option to set a time on a Task from the Pre.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MLJones8

I set due dates for all of my tasks, but never get a reminder...any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by texhawk View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MLJones8

I set due dates for all of my tasks, but never get a reminder...any ideas?
    On what platform? If you go to Exchange and set up a task for today, as soon as the Pre syncs with Exchange, you should get a notification. Same for an all day event (birthday) - 12:00 midnight or as soon as you turn on the phone that day, you should get a notification. I can't comment on other platforms, just my experience so far with Exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    On what platform? If you go to Exchange and set up a task for today, as soon as the Pre syncs with Exchange, you should get a notification. Same for an all day event (birthday) - 12:00 midnight or as soon as you turn on the phone that day, you should get a notification. I can't comment on other platforms, just my experience so far with Exchange.
    If I add a task directly in the Pre...not using exchange. I receive no notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Correct - by DAY/DATE

Correct - as per above - a task with a reminder for 6/10 will work, but not a Task with a reminder for 6/10 @ 8:30AM. And you do not have the option to set a time on a Task from the Pre.
    well that pretty much sucks
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have added tasks directly to the Pre and have notifications waiting for me in the morning.
  13.    #13  
    Not working for me. I have 2 other Pres in this house so I'll try it with those and see if they work. No exchange.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I set up tasks in Outlook and set reminders. I sync using Exchange. I don't get reminders on my Pre unless I open the tasks application.

Now, I set the reminder for a couple of days before the task is due, and Outlook automatically sets the reminder for 8:00 AM. Are you guys saying to somehow remove the time of the reminder?
    I called Palm as I was adding tasks manually and wasn't seeing the numbers off to the side in the task main menu, nor was I receceiving any notifications on the notification bar. They had me do a soft-restart. As soon as that completed, I saw the numbers and received notifications.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Do the notifications pop up at a certain time? I have one set for today, but have yet to receive a notification.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Did a quick reset and there they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by onionion View Post
    Did a quick reset and there they were.
    This must be a bug... My tasks have worked great until today... I too had to do a soft reset to get my notifications to work this morning.
    Having the tasks not have related times is bad, but workable. Not having the ability to snooze the reminder is not. I can't wait until Palm beefs up the tasks, or a third party offers an alternative.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    This must be a bug... My tasks have worked great until today... I too had to do a soft reset to get my notifications to work this morning.
    I just entered one for today and once it synced with Exchange, I got a notification. However, I do a soft resest every morning.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast