Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else been getting junk SMS messages since switching to the pre? All of mine say "free msgs: will stop automatically" following by a bunch of characters. I've probably gotten half dozen of them since getting the pre Saturday morning. If anyone has suggestions, please pass along.
    me too its annoying
    Yeah I wonder what's causing it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I got one saying standard text message rates apply $.20 per message. Very weird.
    Nope.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Not here.
    No
    Me neither.
    nope
    Nah, I used to get spam SMS once every month or two but it's been a while. I think spammers just have mass texting programs that blindly send out messages.
  11.    #11  
    Wait a sec. A Titans fan in NJ? I live in Nashville. What's your connection?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    None here.
    I've been getting these too... only about 3. Hopefully they"ll stop.
    Try replying with the text: stop, it could stop it. I've seen this work before, though most of the junk SMS I've seen is on T-Mobile.
    I used to get spam messages on my centro and sprint couldnt figure out why. Then I went to sprint.com and logged in and changed my sprint email address to a bunch of different letters and numbers (example: k38dhfkr8dh@sprint . com) and they stopped. That may work!
    Quote Originally Posted by utvolfan67 View Post
    Wait a sec. A Titans fan in NJ? I live in Nashville. What's your connection?
    Houston connection. Dad was/is Oilers fan when he was stationed there. Grew up as that, stayed with them when they became the Titans.

Live near Philly, and im a Philly fan all around... but I pick the Titans over the Eagles any day.
    I'm getting them as well; I tried replying with "stop", but that just sends a message back indicating that the sender has chosen not to receive messages Hrmph
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I've not received any either. Would it be possible to call Sprint on something like this to find out where these messages may have originated from?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have gotten about 5 of these messages since I got my Pre on Saturday. I just dekete them immediately. None today so far.
    are you referring to the txt msgs from a 9114 number with a bunch of garbled text? or something else?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast