Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    none for me! Yee!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Tracked this down on Google. It's a remnant of the Sprint Email program that I had on my Treo. It's alerting me to new mail it's trying to push to my phone, but the app is not allowing it. So it's resorting to SMS, I guess. Now, how to I cancel my old push Sprint Email when I no longer have the Treo? Ah, there's the rub!
    I am getting those 9114 messages too. What are those?
    Quote Originally Posted by utvolfan67 View Post
    Has anyone else been getting junk SMS messages since switching to the pre? All of mine say "free msgs: will stop automatically" following by a bunch of characters. I've probably gotten half dozen of them since getting the pre Saturday morning. If anyone has suggestions, please pass along.
    Hey it is not just me! Well I called Sprint last night and it seems they are coming from my old Treo 755P's email*. I guess the email servers somehow did not get disconnected and were sending SMSs' because of it. What email has to do with the SMS side, I have no idea. Anyway they will work on it. ii

*I copied my Ex's Sprint Email program from her Centro to my 755P. I liked it as it pushed Email without draining the battery.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    YES! WTF is that?
    There is no spoon
    Yep, it's because you had sprint push enabled on another device. Sprint push works by sending text messages to your phone, but if it's installed correctly you never see the text messages. Since you transfered phones, the Pre has no idea what to do with these texts.

You can verify this by the fact that you probably get one of these texts every time you get a new email in the account it was set up with.

I am not sure how to shut them off without activating your old phone, reinstalling sprint push, and turning it off.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was getting those same messages. A previous reply was correct.... it is a Puch message from your Yahoo email. You can actually log onto your Sprint.com account and block 9114 from your text messages. I just did mine and hopefully that stops the messages for me. I am assuming that those of you with a problem with these messages are not usin Yahoo. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by dabadman View Post
    I was getting those same messages. A previous reply was correct.... it is a Puch message from your Yahoo email. You can actually log onto your Sprint.com account and block 9114 from your text messages. I just did mine and hopefully that stops the messages for me. I am assuming that those of you with a problem with these messages are not usin Yahoo. Good luck!
    How do you put them in the block list?
    There is no spoon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12