1.    #1  
    On the first day mine ran down from 35% to power off in about an hour and was very hot. When it awoke the keyboard no longer worked. No manner of reset fixed it so I had to return it to the Sprint store where they did a "factory reset." That got the keyboard working again.

Back home noticed the battery usage was frightening high. Removed an email account and set remaining accounts to much lower synch times. Set screen to min. brightness. Turned of Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS.

Tonight pulled it off charger and went out on date. Fired up the Sprint Navigation for maybe 15 minutes. When we got to our destination I turned off the navigation by flicking it up and took the extra step of manually turning off the GPS. A couple hours later noticed something uncomfortably hot in my pocket. The Pre was burning up. I checked it...nothing running...battery at 35%. Next check, still hot, and battery at 16%. On the way home I noticed it had cooled down...but when I plugged it in I realized why. It had shut itself off. It is sitting on charger now. I am very curious to see if keyboard works when it is done charging.

I'm this close to returning this thing and waiting for Palm to get the bugs worked out...or saying the heck with it and getting an iPhone.
    Sounds like a defective phone return it for a new on.
    Sheesh thats u call a HOT date lol
    I took my phone off the charger at 9:30 this morning. At 7:00pm my battery is at 62%.

I have been browsing, playing around. Not a lot of e-mail but I have push enabled for 2 Google accounts.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Be careful with carrying it in your pants pocket. People have are ending up with cracked screens. http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-required.html
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Disaster: did you charge it up all the way before using it? I wonder if the battery is in some sort of rapid discharge mode because it didn't start out with a full charge. If so, it's possible that the battery could come back if it charges all the way and discharges all the way a couple of times.

At any rate, I feel for you--sounds like a really frustrating problem.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Be careful with carrying it in your pants pocket. People have are ending up with cracked screens. http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-required.html
    Not people, person. Let's not blow things out of proportion.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Not people, person. Let's not blow things out of proportion.
    There was more than one reported
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I took my phone off the charger at 9:30 this morning. At 7:00pm my battery is at 62%.

I have been browsing, playing around. Not a lot of e-mail but I have push enabled for 2 Google accounts.
    Wanna trade?

Mine seems to be about average. Charged overnight, and it took it almost exactly 6 hours to reach "20% remaining" warning.

I would be ecstatic with 11+ hours to reach "60% remaining", even if it's just idling.
    I am getting decent battery life. Took off Touchstone at 9am.. A fair amount of usage today and it's 10:34pm now with 5% left. Last time I tried to run it down it still went 30 min. after it said 0%. This is only my 2nd full charge. I expect it will get better like most Li-ion batteries after 5-6 charges.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Disaster: did you charge it up all the way before using it?
    Not the first time...but I've fully charged it a couple times since then.